3.10.2008

Chloe update

As you can see from her goofy smile, Chloe is feeling much better!

Once I figured out how to be sneakier about getting Chloe to take her antibiotics, we noticed huge improvements in her behavior and spirits. (If you have a toddler who refuses to take all her medicine, try mixing it in a smoothie. It's working like a charm for our smart cookie. After two days of only taking 1/2 a teaspoon full, I tried mixing her antibiotics in with some milk and chocolate syrup. One sip later Chloe said to me, "Mommy, you put chocolate in my medicine!" )

Nana recently made Chloe this doctor's shirt and along with her medical kit, hat, and emergency cart Chloe has been passing much time fixing up sick animals. Thanks, Nana for another activity to pass the time while we're stuck indoors!

I think I'm more ansy than Chloe is for spring to arrive. I can't wait to get outside to walk once the weather gets warmer.

Our Chloe is blooming more and more into her personality these days. Here are a few anecdotes which should give you a glimpse of her funny self . . .

Last night during supper.
Chloe: Mommy, what do we do after this really yummy supper?

While I was preparing for a bath.
Chloe: What you doing mommy?
Me: I'm getting ready to take a bath. Would you like to take a bath with me Chloe?
Chloe: (said with much enthusiasm) That's a great idea, mommy!

Questioning Chloe about the objects she drew in a picture.
Me: What's that, Chloe?
Chloe: Oh, that's kind of like an angel.

:: :: ::

I wish you could hear her intonation during these precious moments! She's so cute and energetic. I love these toddler days!

3 comments:

Karis said...

Her conversations sounds soooo much like Kayla! She is again making rapid advancements in her speech/concepts. It was fun to read those.

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better! I had an interesting exchange with my 4 year old niece the other day. I was getting ready to leave on an overnight trip & she had a host of warnings for me - "I hope you don't slip on the ice or get stopped by an ambulance or go to jail, Aunt MeeMee." I about cracked up b/c she was so serious & earnest about it. Kids are so fun!

christina said...

i love the "chocolate in my medicine" line! that's hilarious.