Better than a box of chocolates is the unexpected gift I got today - Matt's school is closed because of our recent snow dumpage! YAY! No classes for him to attend and no classes for him to teach all day. What a great break for him and what a blessed Valentine's treat for us to have him home.Unfortunately, he hasn't had too much time to read or study. He spent most of the morning shoveling our driveway and sidewalk and then he did a few neighbors' sidewalks. This evening we're going to splurge and have a dairy queen dinner (we just love their bacon cheeseburgers) and either play a game of scrabble or watch a movie. I'm hoping for scrabble. Matt's whomped me the last two times we've played and I need to redeem myself. :)
A quiet snowy Valentine's Day for our family trio. How nice! How are you celebrating today?
10 comments:
What a wonderful gift! God is so good! While we're on the goodness of God, God saw fit to allow my husband to be home today too! The only problem is that he had duty at the barracks last night and only got like 2 hours of sleep. So, probably won't see a lot of him today because he'll be napping, but God is still good! =)
I know, there's just something about having my husband home even if we don't spend every waking moment with him. I wish we could win the lottery and both be home together all day long! Too bad we don't play the lottery . . . . Hope you get to have a nice evening with your sleepy hubby!
Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day gift! Enjoy your dairy queen dinner - sounds delightful! We'll be having the annual Clingerman valentine's meal tonight and just enjoy being together!
Sounds like a wonderfully cozy day!
What a great gift--I LOVE when Matt is home for the day--unfortunately since we live in the frozen tundra where snow is expected we RARELY--if ever, get snow days. . anyway, I agree that it is just nice to have them home even if they can't spend every waking moment with us:) Have you and Matt tried speed scrabble? It's just a different twist on scrabble, for when your brains aren't in the mood for big words:) Glad you had a good day!
So, who won? I hope you enjoyed your special day!
We still have the celebration of Valentine's Day to look forward to as we're going out Friday evening! Yeah!
congratulations! how fun!
hi Al,
I think Chloe is looking more like you as she gets older. So precious. Hope you're enjoying your Saturday.
How awesome! I bet you were loving it! Steve worked 2 weekends ago so he got Thur & Fri off this week - how nice! The problem is we got too spoiled, and now Sierra & I have a hard time adjusting to normal routine again :).
Post a Comment