Our Chloe had a rough day yesterday. Lots of vomiting and snuggling with mommy (and sometimes both at the same time). After many outfit changes and baths, she held down her dinner of a popsicle and saltines. I know, very nutritious. We snuggled some more and after much rocking she fell asleep in my arms. Ah, I'd forgotten how precious that can be! Though my arms were asleep too after rocking my 30-lb.-not-a-newborn-anymore-sized child. She slept well last night and didn't wake up to be sick and seems to be in good spirits this morning. I'm glad she's feeling better but I think I'll miss her excessive snuggling. :)
Here's a funny anecdote from Chloe's sick day yesterday. It was mid-afternoon and Chloe and I were snuggling in the living room reading books and singing. She was on the verge of sleep and nuzzling my chest. All of the sudden, I hear a knock on our front door - a very rare thing for us. So, I gather up my bundle of Chloe to answer the door. Mind you, our house was not the most picked up tidy place after all of Chloe's ordeals yesterday so I wasn't too excited about welcoming a visitor into our messy home. Anyways, in walks my neighbor (I was hoping to chat briefly and keep her out on the porch) and plops herself down on the couch. I explain that Chloe isn't feeling well and that explains her lethargy and our messy surroundings. She brushes off those things and plows ahead with her proposal to hire me as her math tutor for the summer. Sure thing, I say, trying to close up the deal and wrap up the visit. She goes on to explain her situation more in-depth - her struggles in the past, her college history - when Chloe quietly vomits up her lunch and snack contents. And my neighbor goes right on talking! Granted, she didn't notice Chloe's spewage at first but as I stood up with my erupting Chloe and ushered my neighbor to the door, she got the hint. Good timing, Chloe!
Hope you and your kiddos are keeping healthy during this winter season!
7 comments:
You poor soul! Vommiting is definitely not the funnest part of being a mommy for sure. Glad Chloe's feeling better today. Hopefully it was just a little bug and she'll be fine from now on!
Aren't the extra cuddle times priceless though, especially when they aren't normally cuddlers!!!
Janelle: Thankfully Matt was home yesterday too so we split the vomit-cleanup-duties. So far she's been ok today but still extra-snuggly. YAY! She isn't normally a cuddle bug so this has been a treat in that sense.
I hope that Chloe feels better soon. Cleaning up vomit is definitely one of those not so glorious parental responsibilities. I did have to giggle when I read of Chloe's "timing" - not to make fun of your situation, just thought that it sounded as though it was going to take something drastic to usher your neighbor out:). Hope you all remain healthy.
Rachel
WOW!! What a few days you have been through!! I hope she is on her way to feeling better!!
How miserable for both Chloe! I know exactly what you mean about the cuddle time being so precious, though.
Hope Chloe gets better soon and that you and Matt don't catch it from her. You're a trooper!
Karis
i tried to sign this post yesterday but the word verification wouldn't show up for some reason...
anyways, poor chloe. what a bonding experience to share baby puke isn't it. - i have had both paul and anna throw up on me. poor kiddies.
i hope you all get better.
love, janelle
I hope you two get to feeling better really soon - you are too kind sending me a card when you guys aren't feeling well. Thank you! Hilarious about the neighbor though :).
Post a Comment