2.02.2007

Playing with markers

In my constant quest for fun creative activities (finger-painting, painting with water), Chloe and I have recently been coloring with washable markers.

What a mess Chloe made during her first time with markers! And those markers come off on EVERYTHING. She got marker all over her hands and then proceeded to wipe her mouth. That wasn't the best though. The funniest moment came when she had an open red marker in her hand and decided to scratch her head with it! Oh my. Her golden hair turns out to adhere very well to marker colors. So, I had a bit of fun and colored her tresses some funky colors as you can see in the photo below.



















Here, mom. Try the yellow marker on my head!

5 comments:

carissa said...

how fun!!! That's what I do every morning after breakfast. I strap the girls in their chairs at the table and they color with crayons (and sometimes I give in to the washable markers) Yesterday they had baths after their "table time" because the markers were all over their legs and faces too :) Great job Mom! Oh, did you get that Applebees cert.???

Genns said...

Fun times. I haven't tried markers for quite a while but we should do it again. I made some finger paints after your post and we had a lot of fun. They are at such a fun age right now.

Unknown said...

Carissa: NO, I did NOT receive an applebee's certificate. I'm such a sucker! I was very surprised at how messy the markers were. Is that just all markers or only washable ones? I gave Chloe two baths on Wednesday because breakfast and then marker time were so devastatingly messy!

Kelly: I love this age too! It's been a blast trying new crafty things with her. And won't it be great when they can communicate better with us? Ah, that's my new mother bane I'm afraid - always looking towards the next milestone.

Matt & Nicki said...

Washable Markers are wonderful--try water colors too if you need another "activity."

the johnson crew said...

that looks like fun. maybe i should try some markers on my own hair just for a change.