2.03.2007

Excited for church tomorrow!

Since we missed church last Sunday due to illness, I find myself greatly anticipating the fellowship of believers tomorrow! Our pastor is preaching an awesome, and very practical, series working through the book of James. He just began the series so right now he's talking about how to consider our trials as valuable joys. If you're interested and have the time, I highly recommend you listen to his message from last week. (While you're there, check out the Gettys' concert at the 1-21-07 evening service! They are modern hymn-writers and have written some beautiful sound songs in the last few years. They've been at our church for the last year and I just found out they co-wrote one of my favorite new hymns, In Christ Alone.)

Enjoy your Lord's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Wow! Alistair Begg is your pastor, I'm assuming? I didn't get to listen to the message yet (my computer is in the same room where my sick little baby is currently napping), but I have heard him preach before. Joe has been to a couple of conferences at Southern Seminary and loves his preaching - we've listened to some of his messages online together. And that song of the Getty's is one of my favorites also. I can't wait to go back and listen! What a blessing to have a church where you are being fed the "meat" of God's Word! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Matt & Nicki said...

Thanks for the link Alicia. I just sat and listened to the message-it was an encouragement. Thanks for sharing that.