2.02.2007

Recipe call for February

After a month off from the recipe swappers blog, we're back with a new theme for February.

I don't know about you, but I'm still struggling with some extra holiday and winter weight. So, let's make February's recipe theme, HEALTHY COOKING. Submit any recipes that are tasty and use healthy ingredients. Maybe you have a dessert recipe in which you've substituted applesauce for oil. Or a delicious fish recipe. Or maybe a veggie and lentil packed soup recipe. Or a whole grained bread or casserole recipe. Or maybe just have a tip for a healthy snack. The possibilities are endless! Send your yummy healthy recipes to me at aliciahorn@hotmail.com.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hello,
I know that you do not know me but I clicked on your blog off of Jenny Muth's. She commented on my blog and I recognized the last name Horn. Did your husband go to Bob Jones? Is he related to Sam Horn? I had him as one of my Bible teachers and I really enjoyed his class. Anyway, I saw that you have a Recipe Swappers link and wondered if I could contribute. I love to cook and bake and I made a wonderful fat-free soup that even my husband liked (he's kind of picky). Anyway, let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Rachel Feehan - currently from Vermont but moving to Tennessee in 2 months.

Unknown said...

Rachel:

Hello there! Thanks so much for commenting on our blog! It's always fun to hear from other believers. And it's amazing to me to see how many people know the name Horn in Christian circles. :) That's a compliment to my in-laws; thanks to the Lord they raised 4 god-loving children.

Yes, I'm related to Sam. He's my brother-in-law. I'm married to Sam's baby brother, Matt. Matt also attended and worked at BJU but he taught in the English Dept.

PLEASE contribute to our recipe swappers blog! Feel free to pass on any healthy-ish recipes you wish. We love good soups to warm our bones during the winter months!

I'll check out your blog for more info on you. Thanks again for commenting!

Alicia