I realized today that Chloe's hair is long and thick enough to be put into a ponytail atop her head! Yay! I have always liked the pebbles and bam-bam baby look.This morning when I tried this new look on Chloe, Matt laughed and thought I was joking. He said she looked like a smurf.
I tried repeatedly to get a good shot of her ponytailed-head this morning and this was the best one. What's your opinion on my little smurfette's new hairdo?
12 comments:
Hi Alicia,
I don't remember meeting you at Northland, but I was a student there during the time Matt was teaching.
I enjoy reading your blogs. Chloe is super cute. I love the new hairdo.
~Shannon
Shannon:
I don't remember you from NBBC either; I was a student there from 1996-1999. I'm an old fogie for sure. :)
Thanks for commenting on the hairdo! I'm hoping to garner a lot of support from the blogging community so I can have some fodder for defending the hairdo with Matt.
What was your maiden name? I'll mention you to Matt. Were you a student of his? From all accounts, I've heard Matt was somewhat of a hermit (as much as you can be a hermit while working at NBBC) during his stint at northland so I'm not guaranteeing that he'd remember you. :)
Thanks again for stopping by! I'll be sure to visit your blog.
Alicia
Alicia,
I was a student from 1999 - 2003 and then on staff after that until Dec. of 2004 (in the Tech department). My maiden name was McMillen. I did not have any classes with Matt, but my husband, Joshua Smith, might have.
I love the ponytail, even if it looks like Bam Bam. SO CUTE. You can quote me.
Victoria has always worn her hair on the top of her head! She is 4 years old and still does not have that much hair!
I love Choloe's hair..it looks so nice and thick!!!
oh, yeah alicia! definitely LOVE the pony on top of the head! my niece ava has TONS of thick black hair and my sister always has it up like that. she does it in two pony's, one in the middle, and even french braids. we call it the fountain. i love it. of course i can't do it, so if i ever have a girl i hope i still live near nic. :) i vote pebbles, YES! chloe looks adorable that way.
very cute pony! i think any li'l hairstyle is adorable on little girls!
I think it's adorable. I can't wait until I can put a ponytail on top of Ella's head. I tried it once, but as you can imagine it didn't work too well.
I LOVE PONY-TAILS!!! I put them up in the girl's hair. Have you tried the teeny rubber bands (that don't hurt :) and put 2 pit-tails on the top of her head with the top 1/2 of her hair?? The pony-tail is adorable though...just add a few barretts to hold up the loose hairs :)
Great job mama!!!!
I love the little "whale spout" as my mom used to call them. She looks absolutely adorable!
THanks for all your positive feedback everyone! Now I definitely have enough backing to prove my case to Matt. :) Look for more "whale spout" hairdo pictures of CHloe in the near future!
Love the ponytail! I'm with Carissa on the tiny ponytail holders. They hold thick hair sometimes better than barrettes that tend to slide out a lot. I use one for a small side pony to hold Sierra's bangs and to keep it out of her face.
Post a Comment