. . . is the word FREE. I'm always on the hunt for good bargains at second-hand stores and yard sales but Sunday we hit the jackpot. We were on our way to church and noticed that a neighbor was holding a yard sale. As we were running a bit late, we didn't stop but decided to stop on the way home from church. By the time we got to the sale, the sale was over and the folks told us to take whatever we wanted for FREE! There were tons of little girl clothes which were mostly too big for Chloe but I took them anyway. The price was right and I can always put them away until they fit . . . with the way Chloe grows, that might be sooner than I think. I also got a mega-blocks set and truck for Chloe as well as the book "What to Expect during the Toddler Years".
What a blessing that yard sale was! I felt like a vulture gobbling up some tasty morsels as I stuffed clothes into bags to take home. God is so good to provide for our needs in creative and surprising ways like this!
3 comments:
praise God for His great provision. I was just thanking Him today for my girl's clothes. I haven't had to buy the twins too much b/c God has given over and abundantly to us! Praise Him.
Yippee for you! I love garage sales too, but sadly I didn't really find a jackpot this summer. One Saturday I deliberately set out to hit the rummage sales and try to buy some fall/winter clothes for Luke. But every sale I stopped at was junk, junk and more junk. And it's even better that you got it all for free! Way to think ahead too. I bought 3T shorts and overalls for Luke at Target for about $2 ea. Not exactly free, but pretty close. :)
GOTTA love FREE!!! God is so good!
Post a Comment