9.10.2006

My pretty, pretty princess

Thanks to our recent visit with Grandma Horn, Chloe has added 4 beautiful new dresses to her wardrobe. I'm proud to say that the one she wore to church today (and pictured here) was partly my handiwork! Matt's mom is a sewing wiz and doesn't even use patterns. Can you imagine not using a pattern?!? I sure can't.

Anywho, I had cut out the pieces for this dress but never gotten around to sewing it together. So, my mother-in-law gave me a hands-on lesson in sewing a dress. She'd show and I'd sew. She even created the little sleeves! She simply said, "This dress would be nice with some little sleeves, you don't think so?" and then away she went at cutting them out. I wish I would have been taking notes because I KNOW I won't remember her tips for bias and hem sewing.

So, here are a few photos of my pretty, pretty princess. Dresses like these are hard to come by these days; you should have heard all the compliments Chloe received this morning.





















Mom, that red light warns me that some bright flashes are coming my way. Don't blame me for a funny face!



















I couldn't help but coordinate with my cutie-pie. It must be sub-conscious because Matt wore a red plaid shirt to church this morning too! Does this happen to anyone else?






















Here's Chloe's blue fairy princess dress. It reaches almost to the floor and is made of some lovely blue sheer material. I was thinking of using this as a princess Halloween costume for Chloe. I'd make a hat and maybe try to find some princessy-gloves. What do you think?






















This is the best photo I have of another of Chloe's new dresses. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and had to be taken up for immediate nappage. I'll work on getting a better photo to show off this lovely dress.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love the dresses! How nice to have them specifically made for her - so hard to find clothes that fit your child just right. Love your house too - cute!

Unknown said...

Jen,

I KNOW! And what's super hard is finding dresses that aren't mini-sized since my Chloe is so monstrously tall. Matt's mom made the dresses all past her knees which is sooooooo wonderful and pretty on her.

Alicia

christina said...

those are beautiful! i love the red...and i love that you guys matched. we do that ALL the time it seems. and those sleeves are adorable. great idea on the princess for halloween. connor just got a hand-me-down panda costume...i can't wait! :)

Unknown said...

Connor's going to be a panda?!? How fun! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there who coordinates with my child. :) It's subconscious I think.

carissa said...

I LOVE HER DRESSES AND THE COAT TOO! What a sweet girl. Our parents buy the kids clothes often too. I'm soo grateful!!