9.26.2006

Monster Walk

Today, Chloe and I took advantage of the sunshine and did a MONSTER walk. How monster? It took us 45 minutes each way to reach our destination. We journeyed to our favorite grocery store, Krieger's. After huffing and puffing my way back home, I mapquested the journey and discovered we had walked a total of 3 miles!!!! Not including stops (namely the park and a nearby gas station for a potty break)!

My feet are aching already and my thighs are sore. It's tough work to maneuver a 27.5 pound girl + stroller and then drive over the bumps of our city's horrid sidewalks. Overall though I'm feeling great that I got so much exercise and that Chloe got out and about for some different settings.

Another cool part of our walking adventure was that we found some terrific perennial deals at the garden center next to Krieger's. Since the season is practically kaput, we got a whole mess of perennials for only $12. I'm eager to plant them and see them pop up next spring-summer. I bought some peach astilbe, blue columbine, a dwarf aster mix, and some white scotch blue bells. Here are some photos of what these perennials should look like come spring. Do you plant perennials? If so, what kind?


4 comments:

Janelle said...

Those flowers are beautiful!!! I hope they look like that for you next year. What are the pink ones called? I like those ones and the little blue bells or whatever they were called the best. I admire people who have green thumbs, or at least have gutts enough to attempt to have one!!! Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Janelle. Heaven knows I need all the help I can get when it comes to growing things. The peach ones pictured are astilbe, the delicate blue ones are columbine, the pinky-mix is aster, and the other is blue bells.

pamela s said...

We're off to buy mums for our little flower bed in front of our townhome. I usually plant annuals because I love to change them around each year, but this year I got free wildflower seeds - never again! I couldn't tell which were flowers & which were weeds, so we had a jungle. :) I can't wait for it to look nice & neat again!

christina said...

alicia-
my mom would love your garden. she is a huge wildflower fan. blue columbine grows everywhere near our cabin and she loved it so much she got a book and started flower hunting.

hope they pop up for you!