9.09.2006

A change of recipe plans

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm having a vvvvvvvvvvvvvvery (to quote Dr. Jacquot) difficult time finding recipes for this month's theme on the recipe blog (see post below). I don't have any recipes that only take 5 ingredients!?! How about I change the requirements to 5-8 recipes? Sound good?

Now, let's get some good recipes for this month's theme - SIMPLE SUPPERS. Email your simple supper recipes of 5-8 ingredients to me at aliciahorn@hotmail.com.

I know I dropped the ball this summer with the recipe blog but I'd like to start up again with renewed fervor. Is anyone out there still interested in our recipe swapping blog?

8 comments:

S said...

I love the quote from Dr. Jacquot. Can't forget that anytime soon. :) I love the recipe swapping blog, because it helps me think outside my box. I know I get stuck in my cheap menu ideas being on a school budget - as you and many are also. I've been looking for a program that I can type my recipes into and then click and drag for the week which ones I want for a grocery list. Do you know of anything like that? It would save SOOO much time for grocery lists. (sorry this is sooo long.)

S said...

p.s. As you can tell I'm more of a taker than a giver for recipes as my talent in the culinary areas are growing. It's getting easier with Esther getting older now though. :)

carissa said...

I just came across some GREAT AND EASY recipes in "Food and Family" magazine. Do you get that...it's free...kraft.com. Anyway, I think I'll contribute :) at least with good intentions!

Unknown said...

Shannon:

Thanks for the encouragement about the recipe blog! It's hard to know how many bloggers out there are even looking at it much less using it.

I ditto Carissa's recommendation about the kraft site. There's even a page, I don't remember it's name now - something like dinner express, where they give you ideas for 5 dinners and then you can print out a grocery list with all the ingredients for those 5 recipes.

The only bummer about the kraft site is that they're always promoting convenience foods and processed products (go figure). I like to read user reviews on their recipes before trying them out because they aren't all winners.

I stick Chloe in her highchair and bring her into the kitchen with me while I'm preparing supper. otherwise I'm tripping all over her and she's begging me for scraps. :)

I think we'll all get better at our culinary skills as time goes by. I'm always on the lookout for new, different, and healthy recipes to try! And that fit our meager budget. Is that too much to ask? :)

Alicia

Unknown said...

Carissa:

I just got the fall kraft magazine - it's so visually appealing! I like flipping through it though I don't try much of the recipes. I don't buy many of the processed/premade foods that their recipes call for though once in a while I'll try one and make my own italian dressing or what not. Have you noticed that they use a lot of stuffing mix? Weird. :) The pumpkin swirl cheesecake looks divine . . . I'd love to try that though my swirls would probably look more like amoebas. :)

Alicia

ruth said...

Love, love, LOVE the Dr. J. quote! Takes me back...

pamela s said...

That Dr. J. quote made me laugh too. :) Just last night I was telling my sis-in-law about him & how he always did these hand motions to describe that you should never be buddy-buddy with your students, but they should always be beneath your authority. Good memories.

S said...

Alicia and Carissa- Thanks for that suggestion. I will look into that! I have definetly got into a cooking rut! Now, Esther is nursing less- I should have more time for cooking. :)