Has anyone out there ever had pink eye? The corner of my right eye began swelling yesterday and is red and a little sore today. No discharge though (I've heard that's a pink eye symptom).
What can be done to treat pink eye? I know it's super contagious so we're not venturing out to Bible study this morning. And I'm very bummed about that but I think it's wise not to bring my possibly-infectious self to a locale with 100 other ladies who could spread this thing to their kiddos.
So, today we're grounded. :( Thankfully Matt is home so he'll be able to get Chloe out of the house for a few errands. And today I'll have to put my indoor-creativity to the test! I made it to the craft store a few nights ago and I'm prepared with pipe cleaners, beads, and foamy stickers.
Sigh. When is spring again?
7 comments:
Hey Al, I had pink eye when I was younger. No fun! I did have discharge in my eyes, to the point that both of them were matted shut. My understanding is that it is highly contagious and I think it is a form of strep. If that's what you have, you should go on an antibiotic if you can.
When i had pink eye it was so itchy and leaky and drove me crazy. I've also had a sty, which seems like what you have - this is (i think) when a tear duct gets plugged up. This was painful, but not contagious.
Hope you don't have pink eye! But the only treatment for that as far as I know is a prescription! I'm so sorry you are stuck at home!
OOh I just did a google search and found this link (they are all supposed to go on one line):
http://www.herbal-home-remedies.com/
eye-infections/hrebal-home-remedies-for-
pink-eye-conjunctivitis.htm
and this one for stys:
http://www.herbal-home-remedies.com/
eye-infections/hrebal-home-remedies-stye.htm
Not that I would necessarily try the home remedies, but the descriptions might help you!
Gwyn got some sort of eye infection going around in our area. Her eye turned red and was slightly sore and swollen. After a day or two there was a little bit of yucky discharge, but nothing like the pink eye she had a few years ago. Thankfully, this is much more mild and seemingly less painful. If you must have an infection, I hope it is like this one and not pink eye! Recover soon!
Two of my kids have had pink eye in the last few weeks. I got it when I was pregnant w/ Joshua and had no discharge - just a red/pink eye that was tender - My dr. said there are different ways it can infect your eye, so different sypmtoms. You should go to the doctor to make sure. I do remember my doctor telling me that if pink eye is not treated, since it is an infection and so close to your brain, that it can spread to your brain. Sounds scary, but that's what she told me.
I didn't ready anyone elses comments, so forgive me if I duplicate, but I know that there is an over the counter treatment called similisan. You can get it at Target.
Like others said when I had it my eye matted shut after sleeping. Soo gross, but the antibiotic cleared it right up. I'm sure you're already doing this, but washing your hands fairly often might help keep it from your little ones!
As for spring, Easter is only a month away! Hope that encourages you like it does me! (maybe it'll help your creativity too with all your fun craft projects!)
Post a Comment