2.03.2008

Gotcha!

I finally tried (and succeeded!) to capture Clive's grin. Woo-hoo! He's such a good-natured baby. Thank you, Jesus.

He still doesn't smile regularly or often but this little milestone reminds me that he's growing up and getting ever nearer a blessed feeding/sleeping schedule. Ah.

In my exhausted delusion I envision that life will be utopic when I can better predict his eating and dozing habits. Just another reminder that I'm not in control of the affairs of life.

I've already come to grips with the cold hard truth that this boy's life will be significantly less photographed than Chloe's. :)

When did your tykes first smile?

6 comments:

the johnson crew said...

awe, what an adorable smile... amos smiles now, but i haven't been able to capture a good one on camera. i need to try harder.

Kelly Glupker said...

Smiles are so hard to catch on camera. Owen started smiling right before Halloween, so he was about 8 weeks old. He had smiled several times before that, but I don't count that because I wasn't convinced it was purposeful.

Katie said...

He's a cutie! Simon is very generous with his smiles. He started smiling around 3.5-4 weeks. He just LOVES to be talked to or smiled at - if he's not tired or hungry, he'll always return the smile.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the last post - you said Clive has nose issues. If he seems congested or snorts and seems to have junk in his nose - Simon struggled with that. I run a humidifier by his bed and also drop non-medicated saline drops in his nose at least once a day. It seems to have really helped. :) Not sure if that's Clive's problem though.

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

What a beautiful smile! I wish I could just kiss those little cheeks ;o)

Mary Ann said...

Clive, that is a great smile! You're going to figure out how to charm mommy with that little weapon ;-)
Alicia, your comment about the photos reminds me of my friend, Amoke'. For their first daughter she quite literally took a digital picture every day for the first year, printed them out & had them in an album for her first birthday. It was fascinating to look at. However, I don't remember there being such an album at her second daughter's party...Oh well! I'm sure Clive will be well cared for if not oft photographed ;-)

Karis said...

I can't tell you how many pictures I've deleted trying to get on camera the huge smiles Krista is giving out these days. So often, I end up getting a weird looking expression as it seems she stops smiling when I quit eye contact and she starts staring at the camera.

I love baby smiles. They melt my heart.