2.12.2008

Happy Vday to you!

It looks like we'll be celebrating a snowy blowy cold Valentine's Day again this year.

Vday will be busy for our family as I tote the two munchkins to Bible study and Matt has meetings at school. I haven't thought much about celebrating the love festival yet . . . maybe I'll make pumpkin heart pancakes for dinner. I have one gift idea for Matt but it's not very romantic. I remember what a big deal we made of our first Valentine's together. Lots of gifts and a special homemade candlelit dinner. How times have changed!

How do you plan to celebrate?

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Alicia, if it makes you feel any better I will be working both jobs tomorrow, making sure I get at least 2 miles in for my training, & then probably spending the night with a friend whose dad just had a stroke (she needs some major encouragement). Valentine's is a great idea & all (& I really look forward to celebrating with Mike on Friday night) but the love thing has to be going on all the time, you know? And congrats on a fabulous picture of your two kiddos! Pumpkin pancakes sound scrumptious ;-)

Rachel said...

I'm not quite sure yet. Little Michael and I made a card today and I'll probably try to keep dinner "heart shaped". I'm just not creative sometimes but I don't doubt that Michael and I love each other more than we did when we married almost 10 years ago:). I hope that you guys enjoy your pancakes!

the johnson crew said...

nothing too exciting... OB appointment at 4:30, dinner at home (mashed potatoes and cubed steak), better than sex cake, then hopefully a movie and snuggling on the sofa! nothing too crazy, just nice!

Carrie said...

TOday Mike was at chapel so while he was there we went up to his office and left him a balloon, cards, and chocolate covered cherries. TOmorrow I'm making him cheesecake and then we will either have spagetti or order pizza in :) That's his perfect day - maybe we'll go out to eat later this week!

the johnson crew said...

oh, and i wanted to add, I LOVE THAT QUILT! did somebody make it for you?!

Jen said...

Steve's taking me out to Maggianos and he said he ordered flowers which he will pick up on the way home (save on delivery costs - smart man). I'm very excited! Thought there was another snowstorm headed our way, but it looks like it hits Northland this time around - hee hee. Oh the girls huddled together shuffling in the snow in dress shoes - don't miss that!

Jenny said...

We've never been big Valentine's Day celebration people - I would much rather be surprised with a date on a day that no one is reminding us that we should give gifts to the ones we love. It's a fun holiday, especially for kiddos, but not one we make a big deal of. That said, I think I'll make some fajitas and guacamole and we will probably watch a video. CUTE picture of your little ones! Glad you had some success! :-)

christina said...

yes, the times change with the kiddos. :) we had big valentine plans when we were engaged.... after that.... not so much. :) in fact, last night nathan realized it was vday today and he said, "oh, it's vday tomorrow. happy vday. how's that for ya?" to which i responded, "oh, yeah. happy vday. is that ok for you?" then we just started cracking up! he did sneak a few flowers in on me. just a simple bouquet... perfect for me.

Karis said...

Nothing too romantic for us today as we're in classes all day and it's an exhausting day. My small group spent the morning with a Mandarin language helper, and Dan's small group spent time with a Russian language helper. We were implementing techniques that we have been learning -- it was incredibly interesting to put methods into practice. Nothing Valentine's on our mind today except for wishing each other a Happy Valentine's Day.

To my husband's credit, he surprised me with a couple of Valentine's Day gifts before we left. That was so sweet.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Matt & Nicki said...

Matt surprised me and had 2 dozen multi-colored roses sent to the house--they came yesterday. . .and when he gets home after work-late- I am making chocolate fondue for the two of us to indulge in. . we took the kids to McDonalds for lunch--compliments of someone else paying for it, and Beth Stamper and her kiddos came over tonight with some treats:)