2.21.2008

It's rough being a baby brother

In general Chloe is fairly careful around her baby brother. She pats his back gingerly to help burp him and lovingly plants tender kisses on his head.

Actually, she usually just ignores him. He sleeps most of the day and doesn't do much that's exciting. What surprises me most is that his crying doesn't seem to bother her at all! Even when he's wailing for all he's worth in the middle of the night, she goes right on sleeping.

Today we had an interesting incident. Chloe was drinking from a water bottle she found in the study. She gave a drink to her teddy bear and then proceeded to bring the bottle to me for a drink. I was sitting on the floor feeding little Clive while Chloe gently put the bottle to my lips. In a matter of milli-seconds Chloe tried to give Clive a drink (my mommy reflexes must have been in slow motion) and she POURED the bottle on his face! Poor little guy! He of course was not happy about being showered unexpectedly with cold water.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning. What comical things have your older kids done inadvertently (or purposely) to their younger siblings?

3 comments:

Abby said...

Awww - poor Clive! Although, slightly hilarious, the awwww factor outweighs that! Hopefully if we have another one down the road, Elijah will be a wonderful big brother (wink wink! ha!)

Tracy said...

Kara and Lydia both loved sharing their snacks with their newborn baby brother. At two weeks old I always had to watch him carefully because I was constantly finding cheerios and other such snack foods stuffed in his mouth by his loving and sharing sisters.

Just be thankful she's so willing to share right now because that will change when he starts playing with HER toys :)

Rachel said...

I don't have any stories of little Michael as of yet but I have a slew of stories from my childhood:). Being the oldest has its advantages - ha, ha. My sisters probably have more stories of how I tormented them. Oh well, all is forgiven but unfortunately, not forgotten:).