You are SO right - When my first two were about Chloe & Clive's ages, I spent all morning getting them ready to get us all 1/2 hour to the mall to meet Daddy for our first picture together - Joey, who had been an ideal little picture sitter for the first 2 years of his life, all of the sudden did a 180 and would not sit or cooperate in any way for a photo w/ his new little sister. Joe was ready to give up, but I had spent all morning getting these kids ready and I WAS going to get a picture . . . until Joey reached over and slapped is 4-week old sister - yup, that ended it - Gracie got a 4-week picture, but no photo of Joey and definately not one of them together . . . lesson learned ;o) But, I've often been reminded, that the pictures that we look back on with the most fondness from our childhood are not the "picture perfect" ones, but the ones where someone was crying, or someone was making a funny face, or someone was having a bad hair day - those are the real memories - thanks for sharing yours!
Thanks for the giggle, Al! Just think, they'll be champs for the camera in a couple years and you can give them a hard time for all the "grief" they put you through trying to get a good picture. Funny faces and all, they are so cute!!!
What a great picture. It will definitely remind you of this phase of life when you're looking back through your pictures over the years. I too love Chloe's cheeks.
7 comments:
Oh, they are so adorable Alicia!!! I love the picture. Chloe's cheeks are the best part!!
Abby is right, they are adorable with a capital A! I want to pinch those cheeks, does she get that a lot?
that photo made me giggle... they are so adorable. and i LOVE that quilt in the background!
So cute. Chloe looks like she is in pain! :)
You are SO right - When my first two were about Chloe & Clive's ages, I spent all morning getting them ready to get us all 1/2 hour to the mall to meet Daddy for our first picture together - Joey, who had been an ideal little picture sitter for the first 2 years of his life, all of the sudden did a 180 and would not sit or cooperate in any way for a photo w/ his new little sister. Joe was ready to give up, but I had spent all morning getting these kids ready and I WAS going to get a picture . . . until Joey reached over and slapped is 4-week old sister - yup, that ended it - Gracie got a 4-week picture, but no photo of Joey and definately not one of them together . . . lesson learned ;o) But, I've often been reminded, that the pictures that we look back on with the most fondness from our childhood are not the "picture perfect" ones, but the ones where someone was crying, or someone was making a funny face, or someone was having a bad hair day - those are the real memories - thanks for sharing yours!
Thanks for the giggle, Al! Just think, they'll be champs for the camera in a couple years and you can give them a hard time for all the "grief" they put you through trying to get a good picture. Funny faces and all, they are so cute!!!
What a great picture. It will definitely remind you of this phase of life when you're looking back through your pictures over the years. I too love Chloe's cheeks.
Post a Comment