11.20.2006

Thankful





















We had a busy (for us) weekend so I didn't make any time for blogging. Today though, I'm reveling in thankfulness as Thanksgiving approaches rapidly.

I'm grateful for a littany of things, but what God is especially showing me today is that I'm thankful for my sweet husband. He's working so incredibly hard at his phd studies that he rarely takes a moment for himself. And this phd isn't for him either. It's an investment for our family so that he can have a real professorship with a salary and benefits.

I love his silly side too. For those of you who had him as a teacher, you probably never saw his zany side. He makes me laugh and he's enriched my life so. I smile just thinking of the weird ways in which he's enriched my life (like tying knots or schooling me in the many varieties of apples). Besides expanding my vocabulary (it's handy having a human dictionary for a husband), he's shown me the joy in being a homebody. Our most enjoyable (and restful) times are when we just sit at home reading Calvin and Hobbes, playing scrabble, or watching a good football game together. This may be hard for you to believe, but before God brought Matt into my life, I was a bit of a social butterfly. I was constantly running here and there and everywhere, not often taking time to slow down and relish life.

How are you thankful for your hubby?

6 comments:

S said...

I'm thankful for my husband's servants heart. He ALWAYS is looking for ways to help and never complains. He especially was helpful with me being sick last week. Kinda makes me wonder who's the helpmeet sometimes!

Kelly Glupker said...

There are so many things I am thankful for! I just started this 30 day challenge (see my blog for details) and each day I am emailed a specific idea that I can use to be a blessing to Ben. Each day I get my challenge I realize more and more what a wonderful man I have!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome alicia,

i can think of a million things that i am thankful for about my husband. one thing that comes to my mind is... well, he has been off school this week, so he has been changing the majority of the diapers lately. how amazing is that.

i am thankful for how he is such a patient husband and dad and youth pastor. he is especially unselfish with his time. he truely loves others!

janelle

carissa said...

I am thankful that Brent is such a godly counselor! He is my best friend and I value his opinions....b/c they're mostly from the Word of God. Thanks Alicia for that post. You're a blessing. And, YOU looked beautiful too :)

Troy & Sherry said...

alicia-
i am the EXACT same way! i used to be the crazy social person....but now there is nothing i love more than just cuddling up on the couch with my hubbie :)don't remember the last time we had time to do that but i just love working with him on the house....marrying your best friend is WONDERFUL!

Matt & Nicki said...

Matt is the BIGGEST help at home--despite his long days and busy schedule. Today he took sara during his planning periods at school, and watched her in his office. She had a fever and it was our mom's group at church today. Since i couldn't put my sick kid in the nursery he kept her for me so that I could have a break and be refreshed by the fellowship of other mothers. He is very thoughtful and I am very thankful for him!