11.21.2006

Trials by spoon

Chloe is still perfecting her use of utensils. How long is this going to take?!? She started out really well with her pumpkin oatmeal yesterday but then after 5 minutes got tired of using the spoon and resorted to fingers. I was frustrated at first but then just had to laugh when I looked at her mess of a face! Hope her messiness gives you a giggle too!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm..... Looks tasty!
Very cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Thanks, it was tasty! Jenny Muth posted the recipe a while back and it's a great way for me to sneak pumpkin to a veggie-disliking Chloe.

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd answer your question about blogger in beta on here. I did switch to the beta version. It was listed on the blogger login page as to click here to switch to beta. I like the beta version a lot better. It is easier to customize your blog and change around some of the extra features you can add in. Good luck! Feel free to email me if you need help. shannongsmith@gmail.com

carissa said...

al, yummy oatmeal. I'm impressed. I need the recipe. I'll check her blog sometime :) My girls (20 mo.) are just now getting the hang of it a lot better. Praise God, It's saving a lot more time in the mornings :) Hang in there...only 4 more months to go :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like she needs coveralls to eat her oatmel! :)

carissa said...

I was reading through one of Emma's baby books and saw that when she was 16 mo. old, I'd feed her oatmeal with "one spoon for her and one for me". It seemed to work well!

Anonymous said...

hi al, I think that that's a perfect time to start training. I think I'll start putting them on the potty 3 times a day (about 20 min after each meal is what I've read). The girls are HORRIBLE!! They keep taking their diapers off as soon as they go....I think they're ready, but I'm scared to train 2 at the same time :) Love ya.

Anonymous said...

oh by the way, did you know that if I click on your comment on my blog, it always brings me to your photo album??

Katie said...

Luke is just now getting to be a better self-eater. I think his being a perfectionist caused problems. He used to get really upset when the food spilled off the spoon. And he has a hard time getting some foods onto his untensil. But, he seems to be doing better lately. Phew.

Re. potty training, he shows ABSOLUTELY no signs of being ready. O well. :)

Anonymous said...

chloe is so cute! so she doesn't like her veggies... what a bummer.

anna has that bib... only she likes to eat her bib more than her food!

janelle

Troy & Sherry said...

what a cutie - so nice to chat briefly yesterday my friend!