11.17.2006

Kickin' the cold and flu season

Are any of you out there suffering from the cold and flu season yet? It hit us with a bang this week. Chloe's nose is running away to Mexico, we're coughing and experiencing sore throats and tiredness. Waaaaaaahhhh!

I slept a whopping 11 hours last night and am still feeling draining. We're also drinking herbal tea with honey to help coat our throats. Any other suggestions?

10 comments:

Matt & Nicki said...

Water, Water, Water--you will be in the bathroom alot but it does help and have you heard of "airborne"--it's great and speeds up the process. Check your local drugstore. Hope you feel better!!

Jenny said...

I really like a natural immune system booster called "VS-C" it's put out by Nature's Sunshine and worth every penny. Safe for the babies, too!

Kelly Glupker said...

I have heard good things about airborne, but havent' yet tried it. Because I am around kids all the time I take vitamin C pills every day. It really helps prevent me from getting sick.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Shyla said...

we're getting kicked in the tail (not literally thankfully!! :)And I have been taking "Emergen-C" which is a powerful Vita. C punch. Nathan swears by Zicam. Hope that you all feel better soon!!

Heather said...

We haven't had it yet...but I am sure it is not far away!! You sound like you are doing all of the right things...and plenty of good advice!! hope you feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

zicam is pretty good stuff i have heard.

i don't take anything (but i know i should) i haven't been really sick since we have had the kids, but they have been through 3 rounds of colds.

S said...

I didnh't see this post til now because I was on the couch with the flu and sinus infection Friday. We take emergen-c packets from Walmart or health food stores that is liquid vitamins of B and C that you add to water. Besides that, what I had just ran it's course.

Bequita17 said...

I use both Airborne & Zicam and they are AMAZING! In fact I just took a dose of Airborne about a half hour ago. I don't leave America without them!

carissa said...

walmart carries airbourne. Great stuff. We've been sick for about a month...the kids keep passing it back and forth....maybe the twins' pacis aren't a good thing for germs either. Hope you feel better soon.