11.08.2006

Rss feeds and picture troubles

I have a question for you all. How many of you use a newsreader to find out when blogs are updated? I just started using bloglines. It's amazingly easy to use and will be a huge time-saver for me. How it works is you subscribe to different blogs or websites and it tells you when they are updated. For example, instead of clicking through my long list of blogger friend links to find out what's newly posted, bloglines does it for me and then rings me up to show me which ones have new posts. It also works for news websites, recipe sites, you name it! I even set it up to deliver a daily comic from foxtrot to me!

The only bummer is now that I've been using it a few days, I've lost the ability to view photos on blogs. And that's a big bummer! I still see that there is supposed to be a photo there, it shows up as a little square. Usually when I click the square I can see the photo but it doesn't always work.

So, my question for you intelligent bloggistas is how do I get my photos back? And how many of you use a newsreader?

Ayudame por favor!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also use Bloglines and have the same issue with pictures. I usually end up just clicking on the link for the blog and viewing it that way. So, I spend a bit more time viewing but I'm also saving time because I'm not opening tons of blogs just to see if there is a new post.

Kelly Glupker said...

I want to use blogline - how do you do it?

Unknown said...

Shannon: I agree, I like the ability to see just updated blogs instead of having to click through a huge listing. I hope someone can help us get the pictures back though!

Kelly: Just go to www.bloglines.com and it'll walk you through it. Did your sis ever get her video posted? She might want to try youtube.com if blip.tv isn't working well.

Anonymous said...

Alicia,
Brokaw, WI is near Wausau. It's the next town over. My mailing address is still Wausau. Where in WI did you live?

Unknown said...

Shannon: Born and raised in Milwaukee. THen we moved to West Bend for most of my young adult life. After Matt and I got married we settled in Milwaukee - such a great city!

Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia,
I think I subscribed to bloglines correctly, but I just noticed that one of my friend's updated her blog and I never got an email.

Unknown said...

Kelly: After you subscribe, you have to add your friends' blog urls. I believe you do that by clicking the add tab under my feeds. You should be able to type in the blog url.

Kelly Glupker said...

I did add them. I must have done it incorrectly. I'll try again.

Anonymous said...

I just found a new RSS reader that you can use too. It's done by Google. You can access it by going to reader.google.com It works pretty much the same way at Bloglines. One thing it does better is doing the pictures. You do have to have a google account to access it.