Chloe, as usual, enchanted the grammas. We mostly just entertained ourselves by watching Chloe in all her cute splendor. Also, Matt and I got a DATE NIGHT! The last date night we got was in June so this one was big. We went to see the new film The Prestige (interesting story but very dark and sad) and then drank tea at Borders and chatted for awhile. This weekend our dining room table witnessed several games of scrabble and a huge yummy pre-thanksgiving feast. This has become an annual event (the pseudo-thanksgiving not the scrabble playing) and this year was unusual. My mom and I like to try out new recipes so we went at it like crazy. We did ham, corn casserole, rosemary garlic mashed potatoes and yams (this was my fave of the feast), creamed spinach (it tasted better than it sounds), savory dinner rolls, and the token cranberry sauce. My gramma treated us to a red raspberry cheesecake and we all thoroughly enjoyed everything. Please don't ask how my weight loss plan is going . . . .
Here are a few photos from our fun time together. Chloe is wise to the camera now so taking pictures of her was extremely difficult. Thank the Lord for digital cameras and the ability to erase bad shots!

Yay, finally a good picture of Chloe and mommy!

Hmm, the Cavaliers don't look good this season.

Mom, are you a professional tickler?

Nana, you are hilarious! I can see you, you know!

Aren't I adorable?

This is a great book, isn't it daddy?
6 comments:
soo glad you're back :) Iwas waiting!! Great pics of your family.
I am glad you had a great time with the gramma's. I was just writing my shopping list for thanksgiving dinner! I love making and enjoying that meal. All of the things you made sounded great! Glad you got a date night with your hubby.
Boy, Chloe's hair is getting so long. It's adorable.
Funny I got Esther mixed up with Kathlene--both a couple of crazies, anyway:) Do you know how she is doing? (Kathlene) No, I wasn't with you from WI. I rode with Bonnie "George" Johnson out to WY, and then I think we all caravanned to Yellowstone after the wedding. I did ride with you and Kathlene part of the time, though.
My husband, Josh Golden came in 2000, I believe, so I guess you missed eachother. He transferred from Crown College in TN.
Yes, Laura Grace (and Chloe too) is at such an unbelievably fun age--she learns something new everyday. I have been doing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with her, and now she does all of the motions. She doesn't say anything, but knows every motion at the right time. It's funny how you do things with them over and over again, not really sure if they're even paying attention, and one day they just break out with it! She is precious for sure--makes me want my own! I am definitely grateful that God has allowed me the privilege of having a job I absolutely LOVE!
Those are some great pictures. Glad you had a great time. Family time is so important.
very cute pics. chloe's hair is adorable.
Post a Comment