It's hard to see in this photo, but Chloe garnered a cartoon-sized lump on her forehead this morning. She was sitting in the hallway playing and then next thing I know, she's screaming her head off. Turns out she leaned forward to get her balance to stand up, misjudged the distance to the doorjamb, and konked her head right into the hard old wood door frame.A knot on her head swelled up so quickly we both cried and cried and I tried to convince my mother-in-law to let me take Chloe to the hospital. After 15 minutes, and many cold compresses later, Chloe was almost back to normal. She was playing like nothing had ever happened! The bump has since gone down and now there's only a purplish bruise on her lovely forehead. Thank goodness she's got bangs to cover up the bruise. I was afraid the nursery workers would give me evil looks for child neglect or something like that.
Boy, babies sure are resilient! I can't believe how much it upset me to see her hurt. Can you imagine watching a child fight cancer and lose? How heartbreaking! Thank the Lord for my healthy, happy and TOUGH baby girl!
6 comments:
Praise the Lord everything is ok! You wish you had x-ray vision to see if everything is ok when they hurt themselves especially when they can't completely communicate. Good job mom! You made it through one trauma - hopefully the rest to come are few and far between.:) (From a frequent ER visitor :)
Aww... pitiful, isn't it--when children legitimately hurt themselves?! What a pretty, pretty girl Chloe is in this picture! I LOVE her chubby cheeks!
I am so glad that Chloe is okay! I am sure that must have been very hard to see your little girl hurting. You're right, they do seem to bounce back pretty quickly!
Chloe looks so grown up in that picture and cute as always!
I know, I'm amazed at how resiliant (that CAN'T be how it's spelled) Luke is. Last weeks injury was to his poor big toe - he pulled a drawer out too far and it fell onto his toe! I'm glad Chloe's ok and you didn't have to go to the dr!
Poor Chloe!! I am so glad to hear that she and you are doing ok! It is always so hard as a mom to see your little one in pain, isn't it?
I must say, that Chloe is really changing and becoming so big looking!
I'm glad she's ok...and you too. I still cry with my kids sometimes if they're really hurt....usually, Emma and Andrew just complain before bedtime because they want to stay up!
Post a Comment