Yesterday I bravely put away all of Chloe's bottles and gave her nothing but sippy cups all day. Surprisingly, she didn't put up a fuss even for her evening bottle. We bought some bright new sippy cups for her yesterday, maybe she was too busy exploring them to worry about her bottles?
Anyways, I am doing a 1/2 formula 1/2 whole milk recipe with her to get her tummy used to the cow's milk.
Freedom!
8 comments:
Horray for you! Don't you get excited about new transitions like that? I do, but I suppose some don't like their babies growing up. I don't remember if I did much to transition from formula to cows milk. I stopped nursing Luke at about 11 months, so he took formula out of a cup for a month (he never really took a bottle, much to my chagrin). I did warm the milk up in the microwave for quite a few months. My mom used to tease me about spoiling Luke with warm milk though.
Totally, I agree with your mom about the warm milk issue. Dr. Spock advises any temp milk as long as you're consistent so your baby gets used to it.
I've heard that nursing moms can get their babies to cups right away. How cool!
I'm with you, I'm pumped that Chloe's growing up and I don't have to be chained to bottles any more. Now if we could just get rid of those diapers. I'm VERY thankful I've got a girl to potty-train and not a boy. I've heard you can start with girls earlier than boys.
Great job! More money saved with less formula - yahoo! I couldn't believe how much they charge for it - highway robbery.
Jen: I know! Before we had assistance from the state, we couldn't afford our doctor's recommended formula. 12 bucks a can?!? That's crazy! Especially when your baby is downing bottles every few hours.
yeah for chloe! connor's right on her heels. i'll be starting him on cow's milk in just a few short weeks. and i know what you mean about formula. before we got WIC i would just buy target brand. my doc told me that the formulas are so much alike, it's not biggie if the baby takes to it without any reaction. that was a nice relief for my pocketbook.
Christina:
Isn't it exciting to see our babies growing up? I was so pumped to move Chloe from bottles to cups. I feel such a freedom being able to pour her milk from the fridge rather than mix up her formula. Wow, your doc sounds quite different from mine!
Alicia: I get tired of changing diapers (and buying them), but I'm not rushing to potty train Luke until he's ready - which he shows no signs of being any time soon. I've also heard that boys can be slower than girls. I would just like to have him trained before our move to the UK. :)
alicia...
it's scott logan.
i feel slightly ridiculous jumping in on a baby-feeding post, but i figured if i went any farther down, you might not notice it.
my family is going to be in watertown this coming week for a reunion, and i was hoping we might somehow be able to get together with you.
i emailed pat, and wanted to see if he, matt and i could do lunch someday (or something). i haven't seen him for some 5 years now.
anyway, i don't have your number, and couldn't track one down - so i thought i could give you mine, in hopes that you would check this and somehow be able to contact me sometime early this coming week?!?
i know that's kind of lame, but i won't be able to check my email after i hit the road tomorrow, so the phone is all i've got.
(my number is 757.450.3788)
hope this finds you well.
would love to hear from you...
grace and peace,
scott
Post a Comment