8.14.2006

Happy 1st Birthday Chloe!
















My family is still in town visiting but I wanted to quickly post a few photos for you of Chloe's first birthday party. We just had family and friends for a cookout and cake. No party theme or anything, just streamers, balloons, and a picture chronology of Chloe's growth through the months.

Chloe didn't react to her cake as I predicted. She didn't want anything to do with it! We think it's because the frosting was a strange consistency or because everyone was looking at her and pressuring her. After the kids went outside, Matt placed just a piece of cake on Chloe's tray and then she ate it like it was nothing special. :) No attacking or devouring - just her regular eating style.

Enjoy the photos, we'll post more later this week.



10 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe! I love her dress. Her cake was so cute!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Karen said...

What a cute dress! Did you make it? :)

pamela s said...

Happy B-day Chloe! She looks adorable! I love her dress too. She looks so grown up!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie! Sierra was asking about her the other day and said, "She's my friend." She remembered us going to Culver's together. Planning any trips to MKE?

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! To answer everyone's questions, my gramma made the dress for Chloe. She even made matching panties, a kerchief and purse!

Jen: No MKE trips planned for the near future. Maybe thanksgiving but it's still up in the air. Matt's semester is pretty tight plus he's presenting 2 papers in October in Cedarville and Columbus. you know you guys are always welcome here in Ohio!

Katie said...

I'm glad Chloe had a fun birthday. Isn't it fun for you too? I loved watching Luke open his gifts. I liked the new toys as much as he did! :) Luke was like Chloe with the cake. He had never had any of that stuff before, so he didn't really attack it. But, he did eat the whole piece and asked for more. :)

suzanne said...

I haven't visited you blog in awhile, I actually doubt you even know how I am, but I was looking down at previous posts and I saw your post on ASL. There is a great website called "SigningtimewithAlex and Leah" and they have a show on PBS. You can check your local listings for days and times. My son, gavin, knows several signs and it makes life so much easier!

Yeah for the birthday girl, as well!

Unknown said...

KT: Yup, it was way more fun for me than for Chloe! She got some GREAT gifts! Boy, do her grammas spoil her.

Suzanne: I have seen your blog and your comments on other folks' blogs. Thanks for piping up about Signing Time! I have seen the Signing Time dvds. And we don't have cable so their pbs show would be perfect for us!

Shyla said...

happy belated chloe!! WOW ALICIA!!1ys. already!!it's been fun watching her grow`through cyberspace.