6.29.2006

We're baaaaaaaack

Chloe and I had an eventful and wonderful visit to Wisconsin last week. My beautiful mom turned 50, and to celebrate my sister and I organized an elegant birthday lunch at a restaurant on Lake Michigan. We invited all sorts of friends and family, put together a memory scrapbook for her, and showered her with love.

Chloe got to re-meet my sister during this trip. Despite Shauna constantly commenting on how huge Chloe is, they bonded. Chloe also ate her first pickle and started cruising around furniture while visiting my familly. Walking is just around the corner!

Below is a photo of me and Chloe all dolled up for my mom's birthday lunch. For more pictures of our trip, click here.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Welcome back! Your mom is beautiful. I love the picture of you and Chloe. Sounds like you had a great time!

Jen said...

Glad to hear everything went well! Is your sister still w/ your mom or back home? How did Chloe hold up for the fancy dinner? How was Coast anyways? I've heard such good things. Glad your back.

pamela s said...

Welcome home! It'll be good to see your posts again. We've missed you!
Glad you enjoyed your time with your family. The dinner looked gorgeous!

Katie said...

Yay! Welcome back! I missed you. In some ways, I wish I could have a "boring" July, but going to Europe for the first time will be pretty great. :) When things settle down (hopefully in the fall), I have to come visit! :)

Unknown said...

Kelli: We did have a great time! But, nonetheless, I'm happy to be home. I'm looking forward to a boring July.

Jen: My sis flew out yesterday so now my mom just has her boyfriend around. Chloe did TERRIFICALLY at the fancy schmancy restaurant - I think she got more attention than my mom! Coast was AWESOME! I'd recommend going for lunch since the prices are more reasonable at that time. They had some unique and delicious menu items. And it offered a beautiful view of the lake.

Pamela: Thanks! It's good to be back. The dinner was really good even though our loud crowd was a bit out of place at such a fancy joint.

KT: I'm going to hold you to that visit promise! When do you leave for scotland?

carissa said...

I'm glad you're back AL...Are you glad to be home for a while? I know I'm just beat after being away for a while. I just ordered a Gevalia coffee maker for "free" online. I'll make Chocolate-raspberry tomorrow am and think of you!

Unknown said...

Carissa: I'm VERY glad to be home and boring for awhile. Enjoy your yummy new coffee!