The second-to-last leg of our vacation was to spend a few days with Matt in his apartment in Chicago. His summer employer, the Institute for Reading Development, had put him up in an apartment along with other trainees for the duration of his 3 week training in Chicago. His apartment complex was the hugest most gigantic I'd ever seen! It looked more like a big hotel than an apartment building. The apt. complex included indoor and outdoor pool, a computer lab, and its own restaurant and convenience store. Sheesh!Our first day in Chicago, my mom drove Chloe and I down and then we all spent the day together walking around downtown. Chloe took her first subway ride - which she LOVED. She made friends with everyone by staring at them. We did some shopping (more like looking) at the Watertower Place and ate sundaes at Ed Debevic's. Oh, and we got lost more than once. It was quite a relief to finally find Matt's building and then to have a relaxing supper at nearby Maggiano's.

Chloe and my mom playing in the Marshall Field's bathroom. What lengths my mom will go to to capture a Chloe smile on camera!

Chloe and Matt reunited. She loves beating his head like a drum and trying to get his teeth!
5 comments:
What do you mean, "getting lost" - we were never lost as far as I recall. I know I may be losing it, but I always knew where I was.
I love visiting Chicago. Eating at Ed's is definitely a highlight!! Glad you got to have a fun vacation!!
Ma,
Did you know where we were when trying to find Matt's apt.? Or when we tried to find the subway station? Ok, I admit, I also felt lost in downtown Chicago. Good thing we ask for directions!
Al
Sorry - I forgot about getting to Matt's apartment, we were a bit off track. We found the subway station witout any problem and I never felt lost in downtown Chicago. I'll give you one out of three
I would laugh if we were in Chicago at the same time. We probably passed each other near Watertower place! I never realized how fun Chicago is. We'll have to take Sierra next time we go.
Post a Comment