6.17.2006

To mobile, or not to mobile? That is the question.

We have an adorable animal mobile on Chloe's crib (not the one pictured at left). She has enjoyed it to varying extents since she was about 2 months old. Now that she is a champion pulling-herself-upper, she thrives on standing in her crib and making her way over to the colorful mobile. She hasn't yet succeeded in pulling the mobile down, but I'm getting a little worried. She is by far tall enough to reach it when standing and I'm wondering now how safe it is to keep the mobile hanging on her crib. It has a safety warning which recommends taking it down when your baby is older than 5 months.

Which brings me to my questions for you experienced moms out there: Have any of you followed that warning advice with your mobiles? Have you ever had any trouble with your baby pulling the mobile down and hurting herself?

2 comments:

Katie said...

I want to say that we left Luke's mobile up until he was about 10.5 months old and we moved to a new apt, but it very well could've been earlier. I wouldn't worry too much, but just watch her and let her enjoy it until she becomes too aggressive with it. That's just me though.

Courtney Marie said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple months now. at first i was just looking for other Chloe websites and stumbled upon yours. i felt weird at first too....anyway, i enjoy it emensely, especially your recipes! Chloe is cute too!!! Truthfully I never used a mobile above the bed...I let her play with it on the floor. She still got much joy from it and it didn't bonk her on the head!