8.09.2010

How can he sleep like that?!?

We recently upgraded all the kids to bigger beds. Solomon went to the crib, Clive to a twin sized bed, and Chloe to a full sized bed in her OWN room. Her room is pink and girly. She's already possesive of it and trying to keep her brother out. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until adolescence?

All things considered Clive is doing great with the new set up. He's always been a thrashing moving type of sleeper so the bed rails are a MUST for his safety. Even with the rails, which cover almost the entire length of his bed, he's already fallen out of bed once.

And with his new found freedom we certainly have our staying-in-bed battles. He's a completely different beast than Chloe in this regard.

I knew we had it too easy with Chloe. Oddly enough, Chloe used to stay in bed and then call for me to get her up! It was as though she didn't realize she could get out on her own. Since she was our first child, I assumed that was the norm. (Please don't laugh too hard at my naivete.)

Somehow, I never tire of going in late at night to peek in on the kids while they sleep. Part of me wants to make sure they're safe. But a bigger part of my heart loves to see them peaceful and innocent while they slumber.

And with Clive I enjoy going in and discovering what crazy new sleeping position he's gotten himself into! Ah to be able to sleep that soundly!

Is my wacky boy the only kiddo who sleeps like a contortionist?





3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

How cute. I think it's hilarious that he has managed to fall out of bed even with those side rails! :)

Jenny said...

Aaron is the same way with falling out of bed - he's better now, but his bed was against a wall, he has a filing cabinet at the foot of his bed, so he has literally a 2-foot spot to climb up into bed. When he first slept in that bed, he'd fall out through that little space. It is pretty cute! :-)

Abby said...

Eli sleeps in so many ways, it's pretty funny. He's slept in our bed before, and I never realized how much he moved around in his sleep until he slept in our bed!!