Somehow my baby Solomon grew overnight into a 16 1/2 pound bundle of baby chub. He's rolling, laughing, eating cereal, TRYING TO CRAWL (he doesn't yet realize he's not allowed to achieve mobile status for many more months) and blowing spit bubbles. He's knocking down the milestones like a boxing champ.
And instead of waiting expectantly for these precious baby milestones, I'm a spectator watching as they speed past me in a blur.
Solomon isn't the only one blowing past the milestones at lightning speed. My baby girl Chloe is doing it too. This past week she turned 5, lost a tooth, spent a day all by herself with grandma (during which she got to eat at a super fancy restaurant -- subject for another blog post), and has grown into a lovely "big girl".
Thankfully Clive is frozen in super-cute 2 year old mode. My favorite word he says right now is "actually". He uses it correctly too. It just sounds so darling in his little 2 year old voice!
As the milestones blur past me, I'm reminded to slow down the blurring and savor these moments. To let go of petty minor issues and to focus on the big stuff. Like loving God, living in peace, and laughing with the children He's given us.
What fun things are your kids doing in their current phase?
1 comment:
Solomon sounds as lot like Elliot! Elliot is 8 months, probably at least 19 pounds, and on the go! I was kinda dismayed when he didn't sit up unassisted for a little while before becoming completely mobile as well. You see, i have this rule that my babies must sit up and play nicely for at LEAST a month before crawling & getting into everything, chewing on dangerous cords and putting paper in their mouths. While Elliot is the BEST baby (I tell Chris all the time that he's our best work yet :), he didn't obey my rule! He still doesn't crawl on his hands and knees, but gets EVERY where on his belly with the strength of his arms. Uggh. He most definitely has swallowed a few pieces of paper.
He also like cheerios and likes to eat little pieces of banana or avocado, but has a hard time picking those slippery pieces up. He got his first 2 bottom teeth at 6.5 months, and now he is a drool factory. I think he might get several teeth on top pretty soon.
He was always an easy sleeper, but somehow, lately he seems to wake up most nights. I think it's probably teething. I'm a pretty different mama than I was with Luke, where I would let him cry it out every night and problem-solve during every waking minute about how to get him to sleep the night through. Now, I just groggily give E a bottle and get back in bed as soon as I can. For better or for worse. :)
Luke has lost 2 teeth, and needs to lose another one for one of his grown-up teeth to come in properly. He's LOVES the pool and is learning to tread water and "doggie paddle."
Simon is NOT potty trained. SIGH. He LOVES puzzles. I have a collection of 24 pc. puzzles that I organized in ziploc bags, and that's about all he's done in the last two days . . .
I sure wish we lived close enough to have a play date with the Horn kids! :)
Post a Comment