
That's right, soon Chloe and I will be outnumbered! And that's probably a good thing. :) Two drama queens in the household are more than enough!
The ultrasound, as always, was an incredible experience. Now that we've been through a few of them, body parts and organs are more recognizable and less blob-like to my trained eye. Each ultrasound moves me to involuntary tears. It's just so amazing to be able to see my little guy's heart beating, his lungs working, and the tiny details like the joints of his teensy fingers and toes.
Chloe was pretty funny about the whole gender reveal. As you can imagine, she was rooting for a girl all the way. But it wasn't until the day before the ultrasound that she finally asked the big question, "Mommy, how will we know if it's a girl baby or a boy baby? Will she have girl hair?"
And me, wanting to take every advantage of the learning opportunity presented by her question, explained quite a bit. In real anatomical terms. So, I should NOT have been surprised when Chloe asked the ultrasound technician politely if she could show us the baby's penis or vagina. That sure made the tech giggle and made me blush. :)
Chloe is excited though she had a few moments where her disappointment showed through. For instance at the doctor's office that afternoon the doc asked if Chloe was happy to be getting a new baby brother. Chloe thought for a minute and then replied, "Oh, yes. I'm very happy the baby is a boy. I'd be even happier though if the baby changed into a girl!"
We are pumped that we're adding another fun busy boy to our family. And now the name debate has officially begun . . . .

7 comments:
How exciting!!!! Will you be doing a name that begins with a "C"? Enjoy!!!
Congrats! I have the same question as Heather, are you sticking with C?
Congratulations, Alicia! How exciting to know so clearly that you definitely have a boy on the way. I think choosing a name would be a difficult yet fun task. Keep us informed! :-)
Yay for boys (I'm a bit partial!) Both Eli and Ethan were very clear on their ultrasounds too, and very happy to prove to us that they were indeed boys!!! Praising God for another baby boy on the way. Can't wait to hear the name possibilities - that's always the "fun" part!
Congrats! So exciting that Chloe got to come with you and be included. And as far as names...can't wait to hear that either. :)
Heather & Kelly: Originally I thought for sure we'd stick with a C name but now we're rethinking. Mostly because I don't think we can all agree on another C boy name that we all like. We're way too picky about names!
I laughed out loud when you said you were happy for a boy but would be happy if it changed to a girl! LOL
Post a Comment