As I sit down to reflect on and summarize our Christmas festivities I'm overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for the wonderful family He has blessed me with. Oh yes, we got some stellar gifts (my mom is the world's best gift-giver) and ate scrumptious food (including way too many cookies). But the best part of Christmas was enjoying my family.Both my mom and gramma traveled here to celebrate with us. And celebrate we did! We did lots of fun things together and both the grammas eagerly jumped in to play-mode with the kiddos. They didn't even complain when the kids tackled, climbed, or generally invaded their personal space. The grammas, experienced babysitters that they are, even gave Matt and I an overnight date night. Fantastic! Though it took Matt and I a little while to get used to talking to each other without interruption.
Another amazing gift from my gramma came in a form of service. She is an incredible seamstress. She knew my mending pile was becoming a mountain so in the afternoons and evenings of her stay here, gramma did almost ALL of my mending. I was slightly embarrassed to show her my shoddy incomplete sewing projects but she gently gave me advice and whirred away at the machine to fix my mistakes. AND whilst gramma sewed away, I got to play lots of afternoon scrabble with my dear mum. We played scrabble together 5 out of 6 days of their visit.
We shared many a laugh as I beat my dear mom in the word battles of the scrabble board. (Don't worry, my mom won one game so it wasn't a total rout.)
Did I mention my mom paid for our groceries too? She funded our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day feasts. We always eat well when gramma is in town! :) We feasted on prime rib, shrimp (which Chloe tried for the first time and LOVED), and loads of yummy cheeses brought from my home-state of Wisconsin.
God is so good to us. He has graciously lavished us with His Son, a loving family, warm home (however mis-matched it may be), good food, and healthy bodies. What more could a gal ask for?
How were your Christmas festivities?


1 comment:
What a wonderful Chirstmas you had...and what a wonderful blessing your mom and grandma where to you and your family!! It is such a blessed feeling isn't it?!!?
Post a Comment