I hope you all had a restful and enjoyable time of feasting, football and family (no, I did not try to alliterate that sentence). We sort of did. Matt came down with the stomach flu late Tuesday evening and was hence in no mood for feasting come Thursday. I started to feel queasy Thursday afternoon. So instead of traveling to see family, we were needfully quarantined at home for a quiet sickie Thanksgiving.
Despite the sickies though, we truly had a lovely weekend. We got out the Christmas box and did our holiday decorating. Chloe put ALL the ornaments on the tree for me this year. Usually I'm super gung-ho on tree-trimming but not so much this year with the nausea coming over me. What a blessing that she's miss independent lately!
Unfortunately I missed Black Friday shopping. Nuts! But Chloe and I did some Saturday shopping and picked up a few little things. Did any of you brave the crowds to shop BF? What deals did you score?
We laid around, watched much football and generally hung-out together as a family. It was surprisingly refreshing. And laying around helped me get the Christmas cards addressed and written. Also did some re-organizing of my sewing cabinet to motivate me to get working on my ambitious list of homemade Christmas gifts. Why do I always leave all these projects until the last weeks before Christmas?!?
How was your Thanksgiving and how are you progressing on Christmas preparations?
1 comment:
Sorry about the yuckies last week! Glad to hear you made the most of it with your little family even if their was no extended family around this year. I can tell from the pictures that the kids had a great time.
This year was so much easier for us than last year. Maybe it won't ever feel "normal" being over here, but I was almost shocked at how great this Thanksgiving was. I'm still processing if I can pinpoint the difference from last Thanksgiving or if it was just a gift from God. Anyway, our Thanksgiving included 85 degree weather, roses in bloom, and the rest of the country having no clue that a holiday was going on. :-) We feasted for sure, no football unfortunately, and our missionary family away from "real" family were a delight to be with.
And no Black Friday shopping for me. :-) Bummer!
Post a Comment