Since we don't have cable we were PUMPED to see both the Vikings/Browns game and the Packers/Bears game which aired on local and national stations this past Sunday.
Besides rooting for our dear Green Bay Packers, we're also cheering on Brett Favre of the . . . (I have a hard time even typing this wretched team's name) Minnesota Vikings. After watching Favre for 10+ years as a Packer it was the strangest thing to see him instead hopping around in a purple jersey.
But if there's one thing about that's constant about the NFL it's change. Madden's retired now and Favre is a Viking. Sigh.
The Pack did us proud by pulling off their first win of the season! Of course it was a bit nerve-wracking at the end. Why must the Packers always secure the win in the last minutes of the 4th quarter?!?
We celebrated the victory with a green and yellow angel food cake (Chloe's favorite part of the football game I think).
What teams and players are you cheering on this season?
4 comments:
We are really missing the football season over here. Dan hasn't talked about it as much as he did when it started up last season, but I saw him keeping an eye on the scores on the internet.
We're cheering for the Pats! They became "my team" too the first season after we got married. :-)
Karis: The Pats should be an interesting team to watch now that Tom Brady is back! Can you catch any highlights via the internet?
Yes, we can catch highlights when our internet speed is fast enough to process video. Which is fun! Dan had looked into the option of watching NFL live on our computers, but the price was not "missional" if you know what I mean. Plus, we never know what days our internet would be fast enough to support an application like that.
Last week, we downloaded Michael Jordan and David Robinson's speeches from the Hall of Fame induction and then we were able to watch them after the girls were in bed. Spoiled, spoiled we are! :-)
I didn't realize when I married Mike that I would need to become a football watcher :-) I watched football all afternoon on Sunday & of course we are Colts fans! To be honest, I was working on a craft project & just watched closely when Mike drew my attention to something - I saw some great plays! But I'm not sure which players/teams now...not exactly a diehard fan, huh? But I'm learning! :-)
Post a Comment