9.27.2009

Not-Quite-Free Museum Day

Yesterday we partook of the Smithsonian-sponsored free museum day! We loaded up the troops and headed to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.

The Museum was small but terrific! Lots of animals, dinosaur bones, and even hands-on discovery center for the kids.

Unfortunately, I didn't read the fine print of the coupon and we ended up paying for one admission. It was Chloe's though so we only had to shell out $6. Not bad for our entire family to visit the museum! A perfect activity on a rainy cold September Saturday.

Chloe and Clive both enjoyed the museum albeit in starkly different ways. Clive was Mr. Pointer Man running quickly from one animal to the next pointing (and leaving smudgy fingerprints) and naming the creatures behind the glass displays. Chloe liked the dinosaur bones and really thrived in the kids' discovery center. She immediately picked up a magnifying glass and pretended to be a scientist. Then she did several puzzles and activities without much parental assistance. She's growing up!

The only bummer about the experience was that I didn't get to learn much. Matt and I took turns supervising the tornado which is Clive but even then I didn't get to read many placards or displays. Such is the life of a parent! Maybe Matt and I will have to go back for a date night. :)

Enjoy the few pictures I snapped below. (In case you're wondering, the photo of Chloe with her fingers on top of her head is her impersonation of the triceratops darkly pictured in the background.)

How was your weekend?




4 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

We almost participated in the Museum day, but had lots of family in town with lots of children so we went to the zoo instead. Glad you had fun!

Karis said...

$6 for the whole family sounds like a good deal to me. What a great family day (even with a young energetic toddler!).

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like fun! Cute pics, too. Our weekend was a whirlwind of ladies' retreat & church & a family dinner, then of course the Colts game & the Amazing Race. Now it's back to Monday & the good 'ole everyday grind - only 4 days 'til the weekend! ;-)

Heather said...

Your Chloe is getting so big. She looks like a little school in some of those pictures. ;)