9.23.2009

Happy Birthday, dearest!

Today is my sweetie's birthday. Matt hit the mid-point between 30-40 this year by turning big 35. I pointed that out to him this morning over his birthday breakfast (baked oatmeal and homemade cinnamon rolls) and he wasn't too excited. He was more excited that he's half way to 70 . He's an old man at heart. :)

Unfortunately, today is Matt's super long teaching day so we aren't able to celebrate much with him. We had a smashing birthday breakfast with presents and cards this morning. And tomorrow we'll make a special dinner complete with his all time fave dessert -- dutch apple pie.

And, (don't tell him anyone!) I'm surprising him with a date night this Friday. Woo-hoo! That will be a terrific gift for both of us.

I'm so thankful for Matt. He's such a hard worker a committed hubby and daddy. I couldn't ask for a better partner in this crazy parenting adventure!

Happy birthday, querido esposon!

3 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet!! Have a great date night with him!!!

Karis said...

Great birthday gift for your hubby (and you too!). I really am going to email you back soon. It's been a very long week. We're coming out of the stomach flu sickness

Mary Ann said...

Happy birthday to Matt! Here's hoping he has a happy day where the work hours fly by. And I hope you both enjoy your date night; it's fun to have something to look forward to, isn't it? Especially with the surprise element :-)