Chloe has become our new in-house phone secretary! She L.O.V.E.S. answering the phone and when it rings she jumps up and runs to answer it first. It's pretty stinking adorable. And she does a fabulous job answering and chatting away with the surprised caller. :)I'm thrilled that Chloe is fetching our phone calls. We only have 2 phones and both are located downstairs. I'm usually tied up or too far from the phone to answer before the machine picks up anyways. And Matt? Matt admittedly avoids the phone at all costs. He completely ignores the phone when it's ringing and only picks up if it's his folks on the line.
The best and most comical benefit of Chloe's phone answering habit is when she gets a telemarketer on the line. Last night she answered with her super-cute "Hello, this is Chloe" and a confused look came over her face. She kept saying, "Hello? Hellooooo?" as the telemarketer blazed through his schpiel at full speed. We realized what was happening and Matt advised Chloe to hang up. Again, the confused look crossed her face. Chloe was obviously conflicted about hanging up the phone on a live talking person. She sweetly ended the one-sided conversation with an apologetic, "I'm sorry, I have to hang up now."
I'm hoping this helpful phone-answering habit of hers is long-term! Besides being a serious help to me during the day Chloe's cute phone reception is an automatic smile generator. :)
Do your kids dig talking on the phone and/or answering it?
6 comments:
My kids love talking on the phone too! They rarely get to answer it since we no longer have a home phone but cell phones.
I do love what she said to the telemarketer!!! How cute!!!
How great that your training came through even when talking to a telemarketer!
I don't think Kayla has ever answered the phone unless I knew it was Dan calling. We've only had cell phones since she was born so maybe that's why. She loves to talk on the phone, though, and it's quite funny to watch because she paces around just like I have a tendency to do if I'm not multi-tasking with something else. Her attention span on the phone is way longer if she's holding it and talking then if we Skype on the computer.
It has to be the right moment for Aaron to talk, but he's getting better! He's been talking to grandma more and more on the phone lately, which she LOVES!!! Most of the time though, he says "NO" when you ask him if he wants to talk on the phone!!! Megan really WANTS to talk on the phone, but all she wants to do is touch the buttons!!! I'm sure she'll learn!!! :) Chloe is SO cute!!!
Eli will hear the phone ring and say, "Hello?!" and that's about it :-) he'll talk on the phone when he's in the mood, but when he's not, he doesn't want anything to do with it. I don't blame him - we have caller ID for the main reason to avoid calls we don't know!
OK, that is just stinkin' adorable! Thanks for sharing. No kids here, but John and I definitely fight over who has to answer the phone. What kills me is when it's HIS parents and he still hands it to me to pick up. :)
That is so cute! I need to work on Luke's phone skills. Sometimes he answers my phone for me (we only have cell phones), and he just says, "hi." He's just become a better conversationalist over the phone in the last year. Before that, he wouldn't ever really talk to his grandparents on the phone. Now, he occasionally gets in the mood and enjoys it! A few months ago, April called my cell while we were on a date, and my phone was home with the boys and the babysitter. She asked to talk to Luke and talked for about 10 minutes - a long time for him. You never know with that guy . . .
Post a Comment