Dear faithful and wise bloggy readers,HELP!
I bought a humongous pork tenderloin that was on super sale yesterday and I have no clue what to do with it. We've already cut it into thirds and Matt slathered italian dressing on 1/3 and roasted it for supper last night. It was delicious but with this much pork, we'll need some variety to keep our tastebuds interested.
A good pal of mine suggested slow-cooking it in the crockpot, shredding it for bbq pork sandwiches, and breading and frying it in slices.
Any other ideas for me?
Thanks in advance for your culinary assistance!
6 comments:
How about cutting it up in cubes and making a stir-fry? I have a pork stir fry recipe kicking around on my blog somewhere . . .
Another way we enjoy it is sprinkled liberally with Montreal Chicken Seasoning (made by McCormick) and then roasted. That is my hubby's favorite way to have pork loin! Slathered with Italian dressing sounds delish, too!!
If you do the shredded BBQ pork for sandwiches, and end up with leftovers, here's another idea. Mix the leftover meat with some frozen mixed veggies and extra BBQ sauce, then top with mashed potatoes and bake at 350 for around 30 min. for a quick variation on shepherd's pie. We've done this with leftover BBQ ribs and it's very yummy! Hope these ideas help a little! :)
I found a yummy recipe recently. It's a crock pot recipe.
Pork
1 can cranberry sauce
I pkg onion soup mix
Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 2-3 or until done
I will look around for you - I'm sure I can come up with something!
Alicia, my mother-in-law fixed pork loin this last Sunday for dinner & all she did was slice it, season it with lemon pepper & then cook it in a nonstick skillet with a little olive oil. It was delish! I have a huge pork loin in my freezer right now that I think I will use to barbeque some Sunday when I get the nerve to ask someone to come eat with us for Sunday dinner :-)
Let us know what you end up doing!
My French Canadian grandmother gave me this easy recipe. I cut slits in the top of the loin, stuff in whole garlic cloves, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook it low and slow. The drippings make a wonderful for a wonderful gravy. I LOVE Carrie's Shepherd's Pie idea too;).
Thanks for all your fantastic advice, everyone!!!!
Post a Comment