4.12.2009

We made it!

Whew! Today was quite a busy day for our little family. Believe it or not I only got two photos of our adorable Easter-dudded darlings this morning. (Don't worry ma, I'm going to dress them up again and do an Easter reshoot.) Both the kids looked extra sweet this morning and the nursery workers uttered a unified "Awwww" when they saw Clive in his blue striped tie and pants.

As we scrambled to get out the door this morning on time I thought to myself, "No biggie. I can snap their pictures after church." No way that was happening! Our church was bursting at the seams today and we made a mad dash for the car after picking Clive up from nursery.

The title of this post refers to our endeavors with Chloe in church this morning. I expected our church worship service to be exceptional this morning as they planned a full orchestra, choir, and special soloists (the Gettys) to celebrate Resurrection Sunday. I REALLY wanted Chloe to experience the special music so we let her sit in the service with us. I prepped her with what to expect and we even practiced the Getty Easter hymn See, What a Morning for the past two weeks so she would be able to sing along. Chloe did fine through the singing and even the first 20 minutes of preaching. Then she got restless. But she made it through!

How many of you keep your kids with you through the service?

Our pastor did a great job this morning addressing the evidence of the resurrection of Jesus. He pointed out that there is an abundance of historical, rational and empirical evidence showing that Jesus did indeed rise from the dead. But, our pastor noted, the radical change in the disciples' lives affirm that Jesus was truly who He claimed to be. They began as confused cowards and became bold proclaimers of Jesus. (Pastor Begg said it way better than I'm summarizing here and honestly I didn't hear that much since I was focused on keeping Chloe occupied and quiet.)

I invite you to listen to our service this morning via this link. The music was stirring and the atmosphere was joyful as we celebrated the hope we have in Jesus!

A happy happy Easter to all of you!

No comments: