I got a bit snap-happy today as the kids hunted for Easter eggs. There's just something indescribably adorable about little ones discovering eggs and I delightfully strove to capture their cuteness on camera.
After a yummy breakfast of pancakes (you have GOT to try this overnight pancake recipe), sausage, and fruit Matt sneaked outside to hide eggs in our yard. Matt excels at hiding things creatively and did a smashing job making the kids really search for their eggs.
As in everything Chloe and Clive approach things from completely different perspectives. At first Clive excitedly grabbed the eggs and put them in his purple basket. After three eggs, that got old. He then decided the eggs looked very much like balls and wanted to be thrown. And then he stepped on his eggs. What a BOY.
Chloe enthusiastically galloped around the yard looking and snatching up eggs. She ran as fast her little legs could carry her towards egg after egg. Apparently she was too excited to notice that she wasn't competing with anyone else for the treasured eggs. :)
The cutest part was when she found the one egg I had purposely left empty. We've been listening to the cd A Very Veggie Easter all week and doing lots of other Easter teaching activities so she knows exactly what that empty egg signifies. She opened it and cried out, "Mommy, look! He is not here, he has risen!"
Then after lunch Chloe and I ventured out to our city's annual Easter egg hunt at a local park. What mayhem! I've never been to a community egg hunt before and though it was well organized the zillions of kids present made me dizzy. Thankfully there was a fantastic (if not crowded) playground nearby where we could play a bit before the egg hunt began.
So misleading to call it an egg hunt. More like an egg free-for-all. They split up the age groups by year and then drew a large circle in an open field. When the announcer said go, the three year olds all clamored inside the circle to pick up the goodies. In a matter of seconds all the Easter loot was collected by grabby preschoolers. Surprisingly, no one was injured and Chloe gathered a good haul of candy.
Because of the egg-stra excitement today and added sugar intake Chloe didn't nap this afternoon. And this mama is TIRED out. I'm off to bed early so I can be prepared for the big celebration tomorrow. Don't want to be left with egg on my face. I'm no spring chicken you know. :)
(Sorry, the more tired I get the funnier dumb puns seem to be.)
1 comment:
Wow, they are so cute! I cannot believe Chloe is so grown up - time flies!! I know it's just going to seem like seconds until Aaron is that old!
Post a Comment