It's actually been a lovely snow. Big wet flakes have fluttered down gently (but steadily) and covering everything in pristine whiteness. And of course Chloe is pumped about some unexpected snow playing time.
But my poor tulips just popped their heads through the soil yesterday! Pobrecitos!*
My gardener friend extraordinaire assured me the tulips should be fine as long as the flowers are still low to the ground. We also have some hyacinths that are sadly bent over from the weight of the recent snowfall. They were a beautiful vibrant blue while they lasted!
Are you experiencing springtime snow too? What flowers/plants do you grow?
*Pobrecitos means poor little ones in Spanish in case you were wondering. :)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your slow, Alicia! It flurried here off & on all day Monday but nothing actually stuck to the ground. Red tulips is all that I have for landscaping at my house. It's really quite sad. My dad is a landscaper & I'm hoping that this year we can put our heads together & come up with a plan for the place. I hope you get some warm sunshine today!
Post a Comment