Are you all getting inundated with political phone calls too? Yikes, seems like we get 3-4 phone calls a day endorsing various candidates. We haven't even been answering our phone the past few days; it's been seriously annoying.
The funniest one was a call we got last night, the female voice began her schpiel with the words, "I know you've been getting a lot of phone calls these days . . . " That was all we listened to before hitting the delete button. :)
How many political calls have you received during this pre-election phase?
5 comments:
We only have cell phones so we do not get ANY calls!!!! :) But I have been getting about 3 calls a day at work. Last week one call was from Ashley Judd (I think that's her name) and today I got a call from Bill Clinton.
We've only gotten a few that have left messages, so who knows exactly how many we've gotten. We have caller ID, so if it's not a familiar number, we don't answer. If it's important enough, they'll leave a message! I'm SO ready for this to all be done!
we're on a do not call list, so they're avoiding us I think. I HAVE gotten to participate in 3 polls this election season, though. I think that is so funny because I'm always saying, "Who on EARTH are they polling to come up with THAT?!?" and now it is me! LOL
We don't get any calls (obviously) living in Africa, but we've had people call out to us "Barack Obama" when they see us. We've seen his name written on taxis, and people here are very excited about an "African" being the next president of the United States (the polls in his favor confuse people here that tomorrow is just a formality which I suppose it could be but....) Someone recently announced to us in a taxi in the best English they could, "Barack Obama is my boyfriend." We can't get away from it even here.
Hardly any at all, but we do live in IL so they probably figure, why bother? IL is always goes to the democrats and Obama hails from here too!
Post a Comment