8.07.2008

An update

Somehow a week has flown by and I've not blogged one lick!

My in-laws have come and gone (boo-hoo!) and we've had an activity-filled week. We had a truly fantastic visit with the in-laws; it was so sad to say goodbye and to think about all the changes that will take place before we see them again next year. Click here to see some pictures of the visit.

Clive is 7 months old now and changing constantly. He has two bottom teeth in and one top tooth pushing through. He is THE happiest baby ever! He's also incredibly easygoing and doesn't cry much (unless he's starving of course). Now if he would just lose the nasty habit of waking up at 5 a.m. . . .

Chloe turns three next week. I will be the mom of a three year old?!? She's very much her own girl right now with her own strange ideas and sense of humor. She's still as sweet as can be. We're doing a big shebang for her birthday party. An insect-themed party complete with piƱata, bug hunt, and lots of little preschoolers running around in the backyard. Should be memorable!

As for us, Matt is plugging away at his dissertation. Chapter 1 is done and he's well into chapter 2. Progress is slow but constant. We celebrate our 6th anniversary next week and I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease. Sounds horribly serious, doesn't it? It's not really though. It just means my thyroid is going to burn out one of these days and then I'll have to take a pill (Synthroid) which does what my thyroid should do .

What's going on with your family?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love that picture of Clive. He sure does look like a happy baby =) Three years, old, huh? Sounds like quite the party! Congrats on 6 years!! Hope you can find a special way to celebrate.