8.27.2008

Always the last to leave

These ladies pictured here with me are my lunch bunch pals. During our church's Thursday morning Bible study we all stayed after and ate lunch together with our accompanying children (7 munchkins total). Hence our self-proclaimed moniker lunch bunch. Creative, I know.

After the study ended we continued getting together for bi-monthly summer playdates and monthly girls' nights out (affectionately abbreviated GNOs).

It has been SO refreshing and encouraging to chill with these fellow moms in the trenches! We are like giddy highschoolers during our GNO's and as this post's title implies we enjoy our time out so much we always linger until closing time.

Thus far we've had three GNO's. The first was rather conventional; we met at Panera, ate dinner, drank bottomless-mug-coffee and chatted it up. The second GNO we met for fondue dipping fun at The Melting Pot. To make a fondue night reasonably priced we only did the chocolatey dessert part. Y-U-M. For our third and most recent GNO the ladies came to my town and I showed them my favorite sights. Produce shopping at our local health market, bacon cheeseburgers as my fave mom-and-pop restaurant, and then coffee at the eclectic and artsy Jimmy's cafe (pictured above).

Do you have a gaggle of gals you hang with? If so, what fun activities have you done together?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love getting together with our local MOPS group, and last year always went out to pizza with them after our meeting was over. This year with four little kids I don't think I will be joining them for lunch unless I can pass off one or two kids to daddy :)

By the way, in answer to your question we are planning to stick with Ezekiel for now. We'll see how the kids shorten it over time before going with a nickname (I don't really like zeke).

Mary Ann said...

Yep, I've got a group! The problem is that we all live just about an hour apart & there's nothing in between so each time someone is traveling the full distance. I'm not sure if you remember Stephanie Moore from Northland but she's one of the girls. We're actually getting together next Tuesday at the camp where her hubby is asst. director to help her clean & get ready for the fall ladies' retreats. You're right - it's such an encouragement to spend time with good Christian friends. I'm glad you have that, too!