1.12.2008

A red-letter day

Yesterday was a big day for lots of reasons.

1. Chloe surprised us all by going poo-poo in the potty! Woo-hoo! She had been consistently peeing in the potty for the last month (though she's regressed a bit lately due to the big Clive transition). But yesterday was her first for going #2 in the potty and she went twice. Of course we made a grand celebration of the wondrous event and feasted on DQ ice cream to reward Chloe. We hope and pray this pooping trend continues. It's so difficult to watch her get constipated and frustrated.

2. Clive's yucky umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday. Yay for a cutie-patootie (how do you spell that anyways?) baby belly button!

3. Our team, the great and glorious Green Bay Packers, kicked some Seahawk tail in the playoff game yesterday. We had a packer party here to commemorate the momentous game (could be Favre's last you know) complete with streamers, balloons, packer napkins, and snacky football fare. We all wore our packer backer shirts (including Clive!) and we cheered heartily. What a fun game to watch too! For you unfortunate ones who didn't see the game, it was snowing at Lambeau Field for the duration. Huge white flakes fell steadily and covered the field and players. I got a kick out of seeing the grounds crew run out with brooms to uncover the yardage lines. :) Good thing the tv has that great yellow computer line so at least we at home can tell where the first downs lie. Enjoy the party pix below.

Who are you rooting for in the playoffs? Today I'm cheering for the Giants and the Colts.

p.s. Yes, Clive and I are playing hooky from church today. I don't think it's wise to bring a wee two week old to our three thousand member church during the height of the winter cold/flu season. We're watching online this morning though!




7 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pictures! I was glad that the Packers won also. I think highly of Brett Favre and his wife:). Yes - go Colts and Giants!!! I just wish that some team, ANY team would bring down the Patriots. I am sooo sick and tired of hearing how wonderful they are. Yes, they are good but I can't stomach Belichick and Brady - blech!

Kudos to Chloe for poo-pooing two times in one day!! Michael is petrified of pooping on the potty at this point. I'm taking it one thing at a time. He's doing pretty well with the peeing on the potty and I'm sure that the pooping on the potty will come. Today, I put a diaper on him for church (didn't want the poor workers to deal with the process at this point) and the little booger was dry when we got home. He held it for almost 5 hours!! He can go longer than I can but I have a pretty good excuse right now:).

I hope that Chloe will continue on with pooping in the potty. I know that you've been so diligent with her and it must be nice to reap the rewards of your labor:).

Good for you for staying home from church. I've heard of two cases of RSV in the last 2 weeks - both serious. You are wise to keep little Clive home, away from the sickness that abounds this time of year. He really has a look that is all his own, doesn't he?

BTW - you are looking terrific - seriously! You don't look like you had a baby two weeks ago. You must be one of those "fast shrinkers" :). Take care!

Abby said...

Clive is so cute in his Packer's shirt! We are not sports fans in my house, so I'm really out of the loop when it comes to playoffs - no big deal to me! :-)

Yay for a belly button! Yay for real tub baths too! Yay for Chloe's using the potty! It is a big day for yays!!!

Karen said...

Hooray for Chloe!

the johnson crew said...

that is awesome that chloe went poopie in the big girl toilet! for some reason paul and preston always made it to the toilet for poopies, but usually wet their diapers/pullups/briefs. (but they were 3 1/2 by the time they were potty trained, and when you are that old, you gotta know when a BM is coming.)

yeah! packers! i was able to watch some of the game, but the sound was all messed up. - your packer party looks like so much fun!

i too stayed home from church this morning. EVERYONE around here is sick with cold/flu and i am trying to keep amos healthy, and i have been fighting it for the past 10 days. my body feels so achey and exhausted.

Matt & Nicki said...

Go Chloe!! I am rejoicing with you Alicia . . .Silas is finally in underwear--pee training only--and doing pretty good,BUT refuses to poop on the potty. It's good for me to read this and to know I need to be patient, b/c it may take some time:) Thanks!

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Clive is absolutely, without a doubt, the cutest Green Bay Packers fan I have ever seen!! I may have to root for them now that Colts are out - what a disappointment.

Carrie said...

cute pictures! I also vote you as best about commenting on others blogs - ecsp. mine :) Thanks! I only used the GPS that one time. Mike used it on the way to MI and home, it had some weird diretions a few times, I think you just have to check your route before you go to make sure its the way you want.
My Titus just turned 2 and has when doing "uh-ohs" (BM) for a while now I'm thinking about starting on the other since I know he can wait and hold for long periods of time - even staying dry through naps my dilemia - he doesn't talk and not sure how he would let me know when he has to go. I'm thinking about trying it anyway. I trained Caleb at 2 1/2 in about 2 mo. b/c he was ready, not sure about "T" Way to go Chloe! Clive looks so cute.