Here's a sampling of my many one-handed tasks.
- Made jello
- Peeled an orange
- Helped Chloe pull down her undies for potty time (don't worry, I washed my hands afterwards)
- Blogged
- Completed crossword puzzles (helps to keep my brain functioning in the wee morning feeding hours)
- Worked for my online job (one-handed typing is tortuously slow!)
- Applied makeup
- Loaded the dishwasher
- Addressed mail
- Put Chloe's toys away
- Brewed coffee
9 comments:
I can't think of anything right off of the top of my head but I'm impressed at what you've been able to pull off! It's too bad that you don't have a front pack or a sling for Clive - or maybe you do and he isn't fond of it:). Keep up the good work. In appx. 4 months, I'll be asking you for tips on how to take care of a household using only one hand:).
Rachel: I do have a sling and a baby backpack! I just feel weird about putting such a little newborn in a sling. I'm paranoid I might put him in wrong and screw up his neck or something. I'm definitely going to make use of my sling soon though! Just have to do some internet research on positioning and such.
THis made me laugh - I remember those days but not so well to tell you some one handers I've pulled off. We have the same sleeper Clive is in - so cute!
And that's why we mothers are multi-taskers. . it's more a matter of survival than anything else--very impressive! I can't remember anything specific, but I'm sure I will be much more aware this time around afer reading your post:)
O my goodness--you peeled an orange one-handed? I'm totally impressed!
I'm like Rachel... don't go too far; in about 19 weeks I'll be asking for tips, too!
Wow, you are talented! I don't do anything one handed, not being a mother or anything, but I should ask my mother-in-law. She just had carpal tunnel surgery and couldn't use her left hand for weeks...
I'm impressed you put makeup on! My everyday makeup days are long gone!
I am pretty sure I have done some of those things one handed also! As I read your blog it brought back memories of when I had Logan and Victoria. They were only 14 months apart...I did many things one handed...thank goodness God gave me patience. :)
wow you are amazing... i don't do anything one handed. you are seriously talented.
Post a Comment