1.20.2008

Not allowed to leave

My dear mamacita is here for the weekend visiting and I wish there were a way to force her to stay! She's been so incredibly helpful. Not that she's doing a ton of work; she's just enjoying her grandson and taking every opportunity to hold him and to feed him. Which in itself is a huge help because it means I get to have two hands free! She's also given me extra naps (like this morning when I was an exhausted weeping zombie - after almost a week of decent nights Clive decided to be awake from 3-6 a.m. and then to wake up again at 7:15) and some alone time with my Chloe-pie.

Yesterday morning we had a productive girls day out. I had some birthday money I was ansy to spend and so we hit Kohl's and Target. Kohl's was having an astounding clearance sale!!! After literally hours of searching all the racks and trying things on (which is not that fun when you're only 3 weeks post-partum) I came away with 2 dresses, 2 skirts, 3 shirts, a decorative organizational bin, some cheap Christmas decor, and a pair of camouflage pants for Clive (I'm a sucker for camo on boys). It was an old-school Kohl's sale - $3 and $4 skirts and tops. My mom scored too and got some super cute clothes. Chloe was a doll for the shopping trip and was content to sing or to sit with her stuffed animal.

To thank her for her visit I let my mom beat me in Scrabble yesterday afternoon. :) Not really. I don't ever let any win anything. She beat me fair and square and played a huge-scoring vehement for 130 points. That sealed my Scrabble tomb.

Today we're lounging while we wait for Matt and Chloe to return from church. Then this afternoon will be all about the playoffs. We're holding a mini-packer party again. This time Chloe has festive pom-pons to wave to cheer our packers on to victory.

So, I've decided she's not allowed to leave. We're locking her in and I'm swallowing the keys.

7 comments:

Amanda T said...

That' so great to have your mom there. I'd be hiding the keys too. Have fun at your packer night.

Heather said...

It is always helpful to have an extra set of hands after you have a new little one. You found some great sales at Khols...I love Khols! I am always able to find great sales there too.

Have a great Packers party

Karis said...

I know exactly what you mean! I cried when my mom had to leave!!!

Yeah for sales at Kohls and GREAT deals. I know what you mean about shopping postpartum. What's up with all the skinny pants (in the thighs) that I was trying on. Surely, it's not my body-- it must be the pants. :-)

carissa said...

there's noone like MOM!!
I am cheering the Pack on right now! It's 20-20...6 min. left. GO PACK!

I like the Steelers now, but I can't deny my upbringing :)

the johnson crew said...

i can't wait to have my baby just so i can have my mom here... i am so glad your mom has been a blessing for you this weekend. i wouldn't want her to leave either.

the packers just lost to the giants... and we are sad... i am sure my family back home is in mourning as well. are you taking it ok?

Mary Ann said...

Alicia, it's now Monday morning & I hope your family has been able to accept the Packers defeat ;-) I even watched a few minutes of the game (definitely my boyfriend's influence on me). I'm glad your mom was able to visit. I love my mom so much that I still live with her (although not for too much longer)! ;-)

ruth said...

It's so nice that you had your mom with you. BTW, sorry about the Packers' defeat. I hope that Clive decides to give you a bit more sleep this week.