Besides saying "no" to everything she possibly can (I'm getting a wee bit tired of this negative phase), Chloe's been very into drawing lately. Her latest challenge is to draw a smiley face. Not sure where she got that idea, but recently every drawing she does is a smiley attempt.
I was so impressed with the smiley face she drew on her easel yesterday, that I was compelled to take a photo of her with her smiling masterpiece. (I know, I'm an over-zealous-photographing- first-time-mom. But I couldn't help it!)
What do your kids like to draw/color/paint these days?
8 comments:
Wow, I think Chloe is so advanced for her age! She's just a budding artist! Aaron doesn't really do a lot of drawing, but he LOVES to watch me draw. I hope that changes one day because as a child I would color and draw and paint and all that stuff all day long if I could! Now I focus my creativity on making cards. It's exciting to see Chloe's skills developing more and more! She's so smart!
Hi Alicia,
Chloe's art is great! Michael draws circles, lines and dots on command but nothing recognizable. I'll often ask him what he is drawing and he'll tell me that he is drawing letter "A" or some other letter in the alphabet. Needless to say, it doesn't look like anything as of yet:). Aren't you and Matt artsy? You mentioned once that your hubby has painted some incredible pieces before. You should post pics of his works sometimes - if he okays it, that is.
Janelle: I know, I think she's advanced in coloring for her age too! But I thought I was just an overly proud mama. :) She's so funny about it too. She gets all intense and focused when she draws! Oh my, Chloe asks me to draw for her all the time too. I never knew what a horrid drawer of animals I was. :) I didn't know you made your own cards! How fun! Do you use stamps and such?
Rachel: That's cool that Michael is wanting to draw letters; that totally shows that he's interested in learning and reading! Way to go, mom! I'm definitely not too artsy but Matt is. I keep forgetting to post pix of his paintings. Seems like I've got a running list of things I'd like to post to the blog just not enough time or energy! :)
I'm drawing a blank on what Caleb has been drawing lately (usually on the magna doodle) - he's learning letters so he writes I (heart) U and other shapes a lot. His favorite when he was about 2 1/2 was David and Goliath, but off veggie tales so a big tall cucumber and a little asparagus. he would draw a big circle with stick arms and a sling and stone, of course! I love Chloe's smiley faces!
I agree that Chloe is advanced for her age. That really takes some coordination. Her smiley face looks great, and my heart would've melted too.
Kayla used to always ask me to write her name so I would say as I wrote "K-A-Y-L-A". She picked up on that and her favorite thing to do now is write her name. She makes one mark or so for each letter as she says out loud "K-A-Y-L-A". The funny thing is that she also says "I write mommy's name. K-A-Y-L-A" or "I write nana's name K-A-Y-L-A". Her other favorite thing now is putting stickers on her papers or coloring books. They're the cheap 300 stickers in a booklet from the Dollar Tree, but she hasn't rejected them yet and asked for the "nice" stickers I let her use for her potty chart so I let her use them as freely as she wants.
quincy is a little guy i do daycare for. he is almost 4 months.
Alicia,
I don't do a lot of stamping, although I enjoy it. I just don't feel like I'm creative enough when it comes to that department. I see other people using the same stamp 20 different ways and all I can ever think of is maybe 1. I usually use paper and punches and ribbon. One of my favorite things to do is emboss, but there again I feel like I could be more creative in that dept. too. I have tons of fun with them though. I've made all of my Christmas cards for the past four or five years so that's kind of my "signature" card if you can call it that. I also do birthday cards when I get the time and another favorite is Grandparent's Day. I started that I think 3 years ago. I like that one because it's different and somewhat unexpected, and who better to honor than grandparents! Sadly I wasn't able to make any this year, but hopefully will continue it next year! I'm already starting to try to think up an idea for this year's Christmas card! It's just great fun! Maybe Chloe will make you smiley face cards one day! =)
What a great job, Chloe!! Victoria and Logan love to CUT! That is all they ask to do all the time. It is easy to clean up at least! :)
Post a Comment