Here's my personalized pregnancy cartoon courtesy of BabyGaga. Thankfully we don't come into contact with too many strangers these days so I don't get nearly as many pregnancy questions as I did with Chloe. I think God helped increase my patience meter during those overly-personal-questions-from-strangers-days. Why do people think a pregnant lady is open territory for interrogation? I remember one co-worker asking me after every doctor's appointment how much weight I had gained. And another stranger stopped me one time to tell me all the gory details of her breast-feeding experiences. What weird questions have you had from strangers who gaze at your pregnant belly?- I'm carrying high,
- The baby is still in breech position (as he was at our ultrasound last week) and throwing off the measurement, or
- I'm carrying a monstrously huge baby again.
I'm feeling good though much more tired with this baby than with Chloe. I've been taking naps galore and sleeping as late as possible. I'm still swimming laps 4 times a week and am feeling stronger. I'm guessing I should add some more laps to my regimen, but I want to be careful not to overdo it.
We're pretty much decided on the name now but I'll leave you hanging until another post . . . bwoo-wah-ha-ha! I'll give you a hint, it begins with a C. (Karis: you're not allowed to tell yet).
18 comments:
You have the cutest little belly:). What a pretty little pregnant mama you are! I didn't get any weird questions but I ALWAYS had people say, "you look like you are carrying a boy because you carrying out in front." To which I would reply, "I am carrying exactly like my mom did for all of her pregnancies and she had 4 girls." :) :)
Overall, people were kind and didn't ask probing questions like you had to deal with when pregnant with Chloe. Although, one of my friends spilled the beans before she had permission to. THAT did not make me very happy.
I am sorry that you are still tired. I wonder when you will get the 2nd trimester energy rush. Good for you for continuing to exercise and take naps. Have a great weekend.
I don't remember any strange questions, but I certainly remember a lot of people coming up to me and patting my belly - UGH! I always measured 1-2 weeks ahead, and all of mine came 10 days early.
You are looking great -- Keep up the exercise
Alicia: You look great! I hope you can get your rest. I have heard that swimming is great exercise. I have never really done it, but I would like to someday. Does Chloe talk about having a baby brother?
Thanks for the update. I haven't really had many weird questions or comments from strangers. And thankfully, nobody that I didn't already know has tried to touch my belly. The only bad thing I have going these days is an over-eager coworker who is hoping I'll go into labor at work or that my water will break while I'm at work! That is about the only thing annoying me these days!
What a cute picture! I didn't really mind the questions I was asked (except breastfeeding- which I have nothing against but we made a family choice not to and too many were wanting to give me all the benefits and guilt trip on that one). You are probably just more tired b/c you are chasing a toddler around this time around. Thanks for you constant comments on my blog - I am definately not ready to open a preschool, I do well to take care of my two. Caleb and I spend less than an hour each day on his "school" stuff anyway - a whole day would take a lot of planning!
I don't remember w/ the first two, but with Madie and Joshua I was always 3-5 weeks bigger than what I should have been, which always triggered extra ultrasounds, which I didn't mind. I did end up with a pretty big baby each time, but I think part of that is just that this isn't your first, so you always get bigger faster - my "two cents" :o)
Measured accurately each time and had Gage eight weeks early--babies are all very different. I am sure he is just perfect! No strange questions really, but I wasn't an "obvious" pregnant for long (considering I delivered at 7 months). The unsolicited stranger advice POST baby is what has annoyed me.
You are such a cute prego lady Al! :) I wish I were there so I could pinch your cheeks and rub your belly. :) I guess I haven't run into too many overly-nosy strangers. Maybe people don't know if I'm pregnant or just lumpy, though I have to say, my stomach really popped out in the last 3 weeks, finally! Yesterday at my midwife appt., I was 28 wks and 2 days and measured 29 cm. So, how did you happen to go to a midwife instead of a dr? Are you delivering in a hospital? I was assigned to the Midwifery I go to through IL Health Connect, but am so happy with the practice, and the hospital I'll be delivering looks great - God sent me to just the right place! And way to go with keeping up on your exercise!
You look great. I love both your smile and your all baby belly -- your exercise has paid off.
Both pregnancies I have measured "too small" by 2-4 cm. My weight gain is more than adequate, though, so I think the small measurements are because I have a long torso and carry all up and down instead of going out as much (?). With Kayla, I measured 36 cm the day before my due date (and we knew my date was right because of what we went through to conceive) so they thought she wasn't growing and they induced me because of that. The ultrasound was estimating her at 5 lbs and a few ounces, but they thought she might be even smaller than that because of how I was measuring. They induced me the next day and she was 7 lbs and 2 ounces and that was with me measuring 4 cm too small so who knows...
The craziest thing I have had a stranger tell me about, you already read about on my blog. When she asked when I was due and I told her and she said I looked way too small to be due then. Then, she walked behind me and made a grunting noise and said something about "oh, I see, honey, you're carrying it all behind. It must be a girl." to which I wanted to say, my backside is always a little larger in proportion to the rest of me thank you very much, but I refrained and laughed instead.
I have been so tired this second time around too!!!! The second trimester was better than the first and the third, but having a toddler definitely has zapped my energy this time.
It's been fun being pregnant "with you."
you look great. i measured normal with esther, but i guess we'll see this time around. karis said you're considering a vbac? i don't know if i'm brave enough to do it, because i'm no 100% sure why i had the c-section with esther- it was for a multitude of reasons actually. that's so cool that you and karis are pregnant together and your little ones are so close in age. we were just with the seely's last night and had a wonderful time as always.
i'll comment later...but i am gonna guess calvin as the name! :)
You look adorable!!! I didn't have any rude comments about my belly, but at the end of my pregnancy I got a lot of attention due to the swelling. When you're pregnant and people comment it's because you look cute. When they comment because you're swollen it's just because you're fat! Once I got on an elevator and 6 nurses got on. They looked at me and then looked at each other and said, "OH MY GOSH!!! Look at her feet! Oh, you poor thing." If that doesn't make you feel ugly, I don't know what does.
I measured 3 weeks small with Ian and Sydney, and they were both around 7 lbs. and came close to their due dates....so just goes to say that we all carry babies differently and the measurements usually mean nothing. =) It's kinda fun though to keep track of the baby's progress of growing - although my clothes usually did a pretty good job of that! =)
alicia you do look great. that is so awesome that you are swimming laps. that is incredible.
I worked at a coffee shop while I was pregnant with Audrey. It seemed toward the end they all realized I was pregnant, the t-shirt and apron I wore most have hidden it well, for most of the time... but at the end there was no hiding it. I know I did get odd comments, the one I remember right now was something about a lady telling me that the baby can see light even in the womb so I should go outside and lift up my shirt. . . I DIDN'T you can be sure of that. What do people think??? I don't think any pregnant women enjoy their bellies being touched . . . I think I decided after people asked me if they could touch my belly I should ask if I could touch their belly, I'm sure that would have gotten a reaction! Sorry this is so long!
Did I hear a hint of evil in that little laugh you gave, or just ornery?! =) By the way, you look GREAT!!!! I hope this Mr. C little man decides to come out head first. Did the doctor say the likelihood of him turning around? Glad you are doing so well! Also, that shirt you have on is really cute too! Can't wait to hear what your little man will be called!
Hm, I'm with Shyla on the name. Calvin. Or maybe Clive. I guess Clive's my official answer. What do we get mailed to us if we win? :)
Post a Comment