Amidst our potty-training madness, we had our ultrasound yesterday afternoon! Truthfully, I was in such a potty-training-fog that I didn't focus on the excitement of it until I was belly up on the the ultrasound table. Matt and Chloe came along and I'm SO GLAD I prepped Chloe ahead of time. She did a fabulous job and was so adorable as she parroted the ultrasound tech. "There baby head!" she'd say seconds after the technician pointed it out. And then Chloe would point to her own head. Needless-to-say, she didn't totally get what was going on.
I guess I was less moved by this ultrasound just because we've already been-there-done-that. And I always feel like I'm squinting trying to figure out what alienish shapes are which baby body parts (and usually I guessed wrong). Why don't ultrasound techs tell you every thing they're doing?!? We did ask some questions but I almost felt sheepish as if I was interrupting the tech's work by doing so.
Long story longer, we found out our baby's gender! And boy, were we surprised!
That's right, we're birthing a little baby boy this time around (did you figure that out already?)!
Since I am carrying this baby just like I did Chloe, Matt and I thought we were certainly having another girl. We had even picked out a girl's name. So, now we have to do a mental shift. The more the idea sinks in, the more excited we're getting! Of course, I'm clueless as to what you do with a boy. Be assured, I will tap into you bloggers for boy advice!
On the way home from the ultrasound, we started talking about boys' names. (We're mostly decided but we're still talking it through). From the backseat Chloe piped up, "How about Sue?" I suppose we could call him Sue and then teach him to fight as the song goes . . .
22 comments:
How exciting! Yay for you! boys are such fun. I did catch on with your subtle hints too! You definitely should NOT name him Sue - I always crack up at that song, as we have it as recorded by good ol' Johnny Cash. :)
I enjoyed your subtle hints! Very cool idea.
Congrats on the boy. :)
Hope everything continues to go smoothly in your pregnancy.
boys are the best!! congrats!! how exciting!!!!!
Congratulations! Having just had a little boy, I am excited that you are too!
That's so wonderful!!!! BOY will it be different I'm sure, but you'll catch on real quick!!! =) Glad he cooperated for you as not all babies do in the ultrasound room! Now I REALLY can't wait to find out what we're having too! So, when you decide on a name for sure will you tell or will it be kept secret till he's here? Just wondering! Congrats again! And yes, boys are great!
I'm a bit partial to boys and I am so glad that you will have one of your own to enjoy! Now, you will be able to experience what it is like to have one of each gender. I laughed when I read about Chloe wanting to name the baby, Sue. She's a hoot anyway:). Have fun nailing down the name.
Congratulations! How exciting! Chloe will make an awesome teacher and helper to him - probably love on him to pieces :)
Congratulations! I love having a little boy -- and you are so lucky to have one of each! I hope all continues to go well for you!
Congratulations!! What fun--clever post, by the way. Feel free to pick my brain about boy stuff in the future. . .but don't expect any profound insights:) I am excited for you guys:)
Congratulations!! What fun--clever post, by the way. Feel free to pick my brain about boy stuff in the future. . .but don't expect any profound insights:) I am excited for you guys:)
Congratulations on your little boy! I'm so excited for you. I love having a boy -- He is so different from the girls, but then again each child has a vastly different personality.
Congrats!! I love having my girl first and then my boy! I felt totally complete...sounds wierd, but I just did. I love Logan and the trucks, dirt and watching him follow daddy around!!
Enjoy the rest of your time being prego.
Hi, I'm a friend of Kelly G.'s, and I love your blog! Congratulations on the baby boy! I just wanted to say I have 4 kids- 2 boys and 2 girls and I carried them all the same way- very low and sticking out like an arrow. NEVER listen to people and their "old wives tales" !
Hooray!!!
I love our little Ariston and he is so fundamentally different from Sojourn...go figure huh? You will have so much fun. Chloe will love him. So happy for you juys,
Jules
Congrats! Boys are great! Hey, we're working on our third! :D
Selena
Yay for a little boy!! You will have so much fun with him, and Chloe will be such a great big sis!
Congratulations! It will be fun to have one of each. ;)
we are very excited for you guys!
love ya
That's wonderful! Apparentely having my third baby affected my brain, because I didn't even pick up on the baby blue boy letters until halfway through. Duh. What a cute idea!
Finding out half way through what God has chosen for you is sooooo fun! I am so glad you were able to find out, and I am excited with you. Now, you have a few months to prepare (as much as you can) for a little boy!
congratulations. i liked your creative way of posting blue letters throughout the post.
I'm back from vacation and catching up on blogs and such, and I am SO excited for you!! I love having a boy - it's been loads of fun - yay for you - I'm so psyched for you!!
Post a Comment