9.18.2007

Calgon, take me away

Somehow, today zapped me of vim and vigor. Chloe and I both slept late (8:30!) and after a slow start, got ready in a hurry for storytime at the library. After that we went to a park, then a pal's house for lunch and a playdate. Then we headed home for naps. I say naps because I was as much in need of some zzzz's as Chloe was.

But sadly, Chloe is entering a give-up-napping phase and today she slept a mere 45 minutes. I was such a grumpy bear when I was aroused prematurely from my siesta!

Thankfully, I have a loving and understanding husband with a flexible teacher schedule. :) He was home this afternoon and pushed me back into bed to finish my nap. We had an easy supper of leftovers and a nice family walk to conclude the evening.

And now I'm ready for a bath and an early bedtime. Ahh . . . The simple luxury of an aromatic bath puts my whole self at ease. I'm itching to get up there and do a crossword puzzle as I soak in the sudsy bubbles.

What do you treat yourself to when you've had a long day or need a special pick me up?

6 comments:

Karis said...

When the weather cools down, I love to sit and read a book with a cup of coffee or hot tea in hand (and Kayla in bed). When the weather is warm, I'll take a book with a glass of sweet tea and lots of ice to munch on after it gets soft. I need one of those nights this week as I'm feeling ragged -- maybe tomorrow night.

Hope your bath was just what you had hoped it would be!

S said...

I too am a fan of bubble baths. I love to read also, but the problem is once I start..it's hard to put it down, so sadly I'm not in the middle of anything right now..not to mention all my books are packed!

Reads said...

A good movie with my pillow and blanket. . . That relaxes me in no time, sometimes I don't even make 5 minutes into the movie.
Reading is good too, although at night I would prefer a magazine so I can read an article or two and put it down easily.
Audrey's nap times have been crazy too. One day she'll sleep 2 short naps, some days longer. I don't know if she wants to cut the morning nap?? I did trip putting her down later for 1 nap and she still woke up after less than 2 hours?? I need nap time to get stuff done!!!
Oh, and Audrey had her ears rechecked yesterday and we are in the clear (although I think she now working on a new tooth)!! Thanks for asking.

Carrie said...

In reply to your comment - you don't get to pick whoever you want to be on your team (I actually got 12th pick for a quarterback) but I wouldn't have picked Brett Farve anyway - I don't have a favorite football team just a few I definately do not like! The 12 teams take turns picking players - this is the team I ended up with.

Tracy said...

I love soaking in a hot bubble bath while my hubby reads a great book to me (We just finished Tolken's Hobbit). Or I enjoy having him give me a great oil massage. I guess I just love having my hubby spoil me.

Carrie said...

Bubble baths are a favorite of mine, too! Like Karis, I also love to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea. Another thing that is so relaxing to me is having my hubby play with my hair or rub my head or back after a long day--it feels SO nice.